I have a trial version and also 1password 6 version. Can I merge these?

julietanis
julietanis
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I can only seem to add extensions for the 1password 4 version, but not the 1password 6 version. Can I merge these 2 accounts and add extensions for 1password 6?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:merge trial and 1password 6 account

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Can I merge these 2 accounts and add extensions for 1password 6?

@julietanis can you explain what you mean by merge?

If you mean use 1Password 4 and 6 simultaneously, you can do this; but it sounds like you're using a Dropbox/local vault, which is much better suited for 1Password 4's browser extension. 1Password 6's browser extension is not yet able to auto save logins, generate passwords, or fill credit card and identity forms.

• julietanis
    julietanis
    Community Member

How do I know if I'm using a Dropbox/local vault?
    My trial of 1Password 4 expires soon. Can I export this to my 1Password account and cancel the trial? If I cancel the trial, will 1Password 6 then show up when I'm using the browser extension? When will the 1Password 6 browser extension be capable of doing the features in 1Password 4?
    Thank you!

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @julietanis

How do I know if I'm using a Dropbox/local vault?

Dropbox sync requires that you download the Dropbox app and sign into your Dropbox account before being able to add your vault. If you didn't do any of this, and you created a brand new vault when starting your trial, then you likely have a local vault.

Can I export this to my 1Password account and cancel the trial?

Yes, to export your data in 1Password 4, follow the steps here. If you want to import your data into 1Password 6, you must export your data in the 1Pif format, not CSV.

To import your data in password 1Password 6
    1. Choose (Settings) > Import, select the vault where you’d like to import your data, and choose “Select a file”.
    2. Select the exported 1pif file and click Open.

If I cancel the trial, will 1Password 6 then show up when I'm using the browser extension?

No, to use 1Password 6 with the browser extension you must ensure 1Password 4's app processes are completely terminated. To do so, first open the "Task manager" application, and terminate these two processes: 1Password (32bit) and 1PasswordAgent. Now, the next time you try to use the browser extension, 1Password 6 should take over. If you have any trouble, let us know here.

When will the 1Password 6 browser extension be capable of doing the features in 1Password 4?

We don't give specific dates for when features will be ready, but the browser extension is a major priority for us and we're planning on adding more features in the coming months.

This discussion has been closed.