Synching across devices not working

Options
MaxGarrone
MaxGarrone
Community Member

I am using 1P across my desktop, my iphone, my spouse's desktop, and my spouse's iphone by synching through Dropbox but none of our devices except my desktop are synching correctly. I'd like to figure out the best and easiest way for us to remain in synch. The synch options on this page https://support.1password.com/sync-options/ make it sound like that would work but in the current iteration of 1P I don't have an account, just a license. So, what's the best thing for me to do?

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:synch

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MaxGarrone,

If you’re not using a 1Password account, Dropbox is a great way to keep things in sync. I’d be happy to help you get things sorted out here. First, we’ll need a bit more detail on what your 1Password setup looks like. Are you and your spouse sharing one vault or are there multiple vaults in the mix that will need to be accounted for?

• MaxGarrone
    MaxGarrone
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

First I'd like to know whether we should be using a 1Password account? Is that easier for us? Currently we are using a single vault.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MaxGarrone,

One of the benefits of a 1Password account is that sync is handled by the server, so there’s no need to set up a third party service like Dropbox or iCloud. All you need to do is access your data on a new device is to sign in to your 1Password account. It’s simple. Additionally, your subscription fee includes all of the updates and upgrades for the 1Password app across all platforms, so your apps will always be up-to-date as long as your subscription is active. There are a ton more great features that you can learn more about on our website:

1Password Families

Please let me know what you think!

• MaxGarrone
    MaxGarrone
    Community Member
    Options

I would love to try it out. How do I do that? Since I have a license but no account, I can't sign in.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @MaxGarrone,

To give 1Password Families a try, simply follow the link in my previous post to sign up for an account to take advantage of the free 30-day trial. We’ve got instructions on our support pages that will help you move your existing 1Password data into a 1Password account.

I can’t wait to hear what you think!

• MaxGarrone
    MaxGarrone
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, If I sign up do I continue using 1Password for free forever or will I then be transferred to the monthly subscription after the trial is over?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MaxGarrone,

After the trial period is over, your 1Password account will be frozen if you choose not to add a credit card and pay for the subscription. You will still have read-only access to your data and be able to export if necessary and move back to the standalone version of 1Password.

• MaxGarrone
    MaxGarrone
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Ah, ok, we'll have to skip that. Can you tell me how that I can make sure that all our devices are successfully synched to our vault via one of the existing protocols so that I don't have to pay a monthly fee?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MaxGarrone,

Fair enough! In order to get you all synced up, let’s get a bit more detail on your current setup:

1. How many computers and devices are currently using 1Password? (Please include the 1Password version information and your operating system version numbers for each device)
    2. You mentioned that your desktop is syncing correctly - is all of your database up-to-date on that device or is there unsynced data on other devices?
  • MaxGarrone
    MaxGarrone
    Community Member
    Options

4 total

correctly synched

• OS X 10.11.6
    • 1Password 6.3.2

not synching correctly (ie these devices are not synching correctly with the information on the correctly synched computer)

• iPhone 6 1Password version 6.4.4
    • iPhone 6 9.3.4 1Password version 6.4.4
    • OS X 10.10.5 1Password version 6
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that information, @MaxGarrone!

Let's start with one of the iPhones, and get that working. Then we'll do the same on the other iPhone. After that, we'll get things working on your other Mac.

On the first iPhone:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap Settings > Sync > Primary, then tap Start Syncing.
    3. Tap Sync with Dropbox. If prompted, sign in to Dropbox, or tap Allow to allow 1Password to connect to your Dropbox account.
    4. Tap the name of your Dropbox account. 1Password will display a list of vaults in your Dropbox account.
    5. Tap the name of a vault to sync with it, or to sync your first vault with Dropbox, tap Create File when prompted.
    6. Enter the password for the vault, then tap Unlock.

If you get stuck, let me know which step you're stuck on and what you are (or aren't) seeing happen.

• MaxGarrone
    MaxGarrone
    Community Member
    Options

First iPhone:

• Synch successful
    • There is no "Sync with Dropbox" option. I can select Sync Service -> Dropbox which leads me to a screen where CURRENT SYNC METHOD is listed as Dropbox along with /1Password.agilekeychain. Is there another option that I need to find?
    • I can't do step 5 in your sequence, no items are active.
    • Given that this is taking a tremendous amount of time can I get a phone number to call so that we can resolve this? I'm sure that it would take less than five minutes instead all the time and frustration invested in this exercise.
  • Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @MaxGarrone,

Unfortunately we don't have an inbound phone number but we may be able to work something else out. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

P.S. Don't forget to post your Support ID here!

• MaxGarrone
    MaxGarrone
    Community Member
    Options

support ID is [#DUP-35174-378]

• MaxGarrone
    MaxGarrone
    Community Member
    Options

your support ID is [#QQT-34429-922]

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @MaxGarrone. We've received reports from the MacBook Air and the iPhone 6 so far. It sounds like there is at least one more Mac, and perhaps another iOS device involved as well?

Ben

ref: DUP-35174-378

• MaxGarrone
    MaxGarrone
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, those will be forthcoming later this afternoon/evening

• MaxGarrone
    MaxGarrone
    Community Member
    Options

[#NPA-52994-616]

• Ben
    Options

Great. Got the other MacBook Air. Is that the last one?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.