1Password Mini will be "Not Responding" after right clicking in Safari

bentonbarnett
bentonbarnett
Community Member

Sometimes, I'll right click in Safari and the context menu wont appear. If I open the Activity Monitor, it'll show 1Password Mini as "(Not Responding)" and, shortly after, my whole machine will freeze (the mouse turns into a beachball). I'll have to completely shut down the computer before I can use it again.

Is there anything I can do to prevent these crashes, outside of uninstalling the Safari plugin?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password mini crashing

Comments

• Hi @bentonbarnett ,

I'm sorry you are having trouble with the extension. This is the first I've heard of it crashing in this way. But you shouldn't have to restart your computer. If you press Command Option Esc, it will bring up a dialog and you cal select 1Password Mini and Force Quit it. Does this not work when it gets in this state?

Also, if you have time, open Activity Monitor, select 1Password mini. Then, leaving Activity Monitor open, switch to your web browser and right-click and choose 1Password. Then quickly switch back to Activity Monitor, and choose "Sample Process" in the gear menu. Hopefully you'll be able to get a sample while it is crashing in this way. If you do, save the text, and then send the it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Also, please include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your sample in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the sample text and hopefully see what's up.

Thanks,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.