Sync mismatch

Options
Karen Kreps
Karen Kreps
Community Member

I have 1password on my Macbook Pro, Ipad Mini2, and iphone4. I want to sync all.

I see the dropbox folder for 1password that contains the 1Password.agilekeychain. But the iphone says that there is a Vault mismatch. It appears that the data in the Primary vault is diffeent from the valut you selected in Dropbox. We recommend that you do not merge these vaults. Under More info, it says, Your Vault, 1904 items, last updated Jan 6, 2016. The dropbox fault has 1973, last updated April 15, 2015. The password hints on both are familiar. I tried to sync with dropbox on the ipad, and it did the synch with no problem and said that there are 1661 items on it. I'm surprised the iphone isn't letting me sync. Should I sync them anyway?

I thought I was doing sync with dropbox, but I also have icloud--and I'm not certain which I was using. I was going to try to do a sync with icloud on the phone, but it warned me that all the dropbox info on the phone would be lost and it offered a choice of removing the dropbox vault. I said no.

Confused. Please advise.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 1.5.7
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @Karen Kreps,

That merge warning is a safeguard to prevent accidental merging of two completely different vaults. Once the vaults have been merged, they can't be un-merged automatically.

But if you want to try, I recommend first, going to your MacBook Pro, opening 1Password there, going to the Preferences, and in the Backup section click "Backup Now". Also, on your iPhone, in 1Password, go to Settings > Advanced Settings and tap Create Backup there. Now we'll have a backup copy in case things go wrong.

Then, try to set up sync with Dropbox on the iPhone again, and proceed with the merge. You may end up with a few duplicates, but you can delete whichever you do not need.

Please let us know how that works out. If it ends up not being what you expected, we still have that backup to restore to.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Karen Kreps
    Karen Kreps
    Community Member
    Options

HI @Kevin, Thank you for your guidance. I did the back up on the MBP with no problem, but on my old iphoe 4, in 1password/settings/advanced settings there is no Create Bacup. Only Troubleshooting, Erase Data and Settings (in red), Use iOS keychain, prompt to open websites, language.

What shall I do? TIA.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Karen Kreps,

I hope you don't mind, but since this is primarily about the iOS version of 1Password, I've moved your discussion to our iOS forum.

I'm sorry Kevin's steps don't seem to match what you're seeing in 1Password on your iPhone! It sounds like you might have an older version of 1Password - can you please let us know the exact version? In the 1Password app on your iPhone, the version number should be shown on the Settings screen directly underneath the "Recommend 1Password" option.

Also, do you have data in 1Password on your iPhone which is missing from your Mac and/or iPad? Or does your Mac/iPad have all your latest 1Password information?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Karen Kreps
    Karen Kreps
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help. No worries about moving this thread to the iOS forum. The version on my iPad is 4.5.3.

I don't know if there is data on the phone that is missing from my Mac or iPad. Not sure how to look for it. IProbably not, and, if needed, I could be prepared to lose that in order to sync 1PW properly.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Karen Kreps,

Thanks for getting back to us with that information! The current version of the app is 6.4.4, so that would explain why you’re not seeing the same thing as we are.

Please follow these instructions to save a backup from iTunes: create a backup. Don’t worry if you can’t create one from within the app, there should be sufficient backups in that folder for us in case anything goes awry with the vault merge.

Once you’ve got your backups saved, it’s time to sync up with Dropbox and try that merge, as Kevin suggested above. Hopefully all goes well and you only have to manage a few duplicates. :)

• Karen Kreps
    Karen Kreps
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry, I'm more confused than ever.

Per your direction, I did a backup of the iphone to icloud via itunes. I did have dropbox on the MBP sync via dropbox, but when I tried to do a sync from the iphone4, it said there was a mismatch.

Your Vault: 1904 items
    99.6% similar
    Last Updated Jan 6, 2016

Dropbox Vault: number of items 2550, last updated Aug 26, 2016.

So, I experimented with switching the MBP 1password sync with icloud. When I tried to sync with the phone it gave me Error, Not all 1 password information was received from iCLoud. Please wait for iCloud to complete downloading and try again later. Waiting for files: band_0_js, band_1.tjs.. band..F.jop folders, js, profile.js.

I dismissed that, canceled the iphone 4 sync and switched it back to dropbox on both the MBP and the iphone4.

Which brought the iphone message back to:

there was a mismatch.

Your Vault:
    1904 items
    99.6% similar
    Last Updated Jan 6, 2016

Dropbox Vault, number of item 2550, last updated Aug 26, 2016.

I went ahead and merged the dropbox vaults. For a long time, it said "Sync in progres." Now it is saying last since In Progress every second and went up to 1667 items. Now it says Failed to upload file to Dropbox. There are may Sync Erorrs. Path /1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/ ....

Please advise!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Karen Kreps,

I’m sorry that this process has been a bit frustrating for you.

but when I tried to do a sync from the iphone4, it said there was a mismatch.

Since you’ve been out of sync for a while, a mismatch was to be expected. 99.6% similarity isn’t that bad, actually.

So, I experimented with switching the MBP 1password sync with icloud. When I tried to sync with the phone it gave me Error, Not all 1 password information was received from iCLoud. Please wait for iCloud to complete downloading and try again later. Waiting for files: band_0_js, band_1.tjs.. band..F.jop folders, js, profile.js.

Generally, we don’t recommend switching between sync sources, particularly in the middle of troubleshooting. It could complicate things further.

I went ahead and merged the dropbox vaults. For a long time, it said "Sync in progres." Now it is saying last since In Progress every second and went up to 1667 items.

When you’re merging two vaults, potentially when 1Password has to do conflict management, it can take a little while to complete.

Now it says Failed to upload file to Dropbox. There are may Sync Erorrs. Path /1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/

When you open 1Password now, are you still seeing an error or has Dropbox had time to get everything synced up?

• Karen Kreps
    Karen Kreps
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. Now, on the iphone4, It says Sync is in progress. 1,667 items. Download to dropbox failed. I am attaching a screenshot of the two errors that were under Details>.

• Karen Kreps
    Karen Kreps
    Community Member
    Options

After leaving the above comment, I did another sync and this time the phone completed the sync without giving me an error. So I think that all is good now. Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update! If you have further difficulties please don't hesitate to write in. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.