Drag/Copy login items from trash?

Options
3l3phant
3l3phant
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

I'm trying get rid of all of the entries that I have in my vault. There are thousands of duplicates and I'd rather just start from scratch. After I dragged them into the trash I realized there are some that I might want to keep (and some of the notes, too). But I can't seem to be able to drag them back to the vault. I can select all and drag, but there doesn't seem to be a way to actually drag them back into the categories or even "all items" menu items on the left. Is that doable? What's interesting (at least to me) is that as soon as I dragged everything over to the trash the vault in my 1password family account was updated to also be empty (which is actually cool. If, you know, I didn't not want them empty :))

Edit: So - interestingly enough, I'm a moron. There's a big ol' "Restore" button ...

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @3l3phant ,

No, I wouldn't say moron. Dragging is the expected way to doing things in the Finder and other apps, so I would have expected it to work too. We'll look into that. But I'm glad you found the Restore button.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• lucky_leone
    lucky_leone
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also trying to move items out of the trash back into my logins, passwords and the like.

It seems that every time I try to get rid of old (or duplicate) records I ruin my current logins - the password and other information goes away (into the trash I guess) with the older (modification date) records.

I did several restores and was not able to get back to a time when those records were not in the trash.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lucky_leone

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. Let me see if I can understand what's going on: you had an item, then you move the full item to the trash and everything related to that item is sent to the trash, did I get that right? If I did, it sounds like 1Password is doing what it should be doing, and you might want to do something more specific, like deleting maybe just one piece of information of the item, is this right? In that case what you need to do is go to bottom right corner and click on "Edit", that will let you edit the item. If I didn't understand your issue well, then could you please give me a concrete example so I can help you better?

I hope to hear back from you soon :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.