How do I switch 1Password for Mac to use the 1Password account?

Options
tjohansen
tjohansen
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for years, mostly using Dropbox sync. I also have a 1Password for Families account. I recently forgot my master password for the standalone vault (not sure how, since I typed it multiple times a day, but that's my problem.) I was able to copy over all my items to the 1Password account, so I haven't lost any data. I can't figure out how to login to my 1Password account from 1Password for Mac because it's prompting me for my master password on my standalone account. I tried deleting 1Password and reinstalling, but it still wants that master password. On iOS I was able to remove and reinstall the app, and was prompted to use my 1Password account.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: macOS 10.12 Beta (16A294a)
Sync Type: 1Password for Families
Referrer: ug:mac/, kb:undefined, kb-search:change vaults, kb:undefined, kb-search:ios change vaults

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tjohansen,

In 1Password for Mac, your data is stored separately from the application itself, so reinstalling the app will have no effect on your data. To start fresh with 1Password, please select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. (Please note this needs to be done while the app is locked.)

When you restart 1Password, you’ll have the option of signing into your 1Password account, and you should be all set. :)

This discussion has been closed.