Separate Support Forums for Subscription Accounts and Licensed Versions?

Options
fourwheelcycle
fourwheelcycle
Community Member

I use the licensed version of 1Password for Mac. I periodically scan the Mac support forum to see if there are any new issues related to the licensed version that I should be aware of.

Unfortunately, since the subscription version came out I often poke a user question only to realize it is really about an account issue that is not relevant to my licensed version.

Has AgileBits considered moving to separate support forums for the subscription and licensed versions so that users of the two versions can be more efficient in posting their questions and scanning issues encountered by other users of their own version?

Perhaps AgileBits has already considered this question and concluded there are enough posts related to issues common to both versions that it would not be helpful to introduce separate support forums. If this is the case, could there be any way to add a feature to the title section of each post so that users could indicate whether their question relates to the subscription/account version, the licensed version, or both? Any type of preview hint would be helpful to users of both versions so they can avoid exploring posts that are not relevant to their version of 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fourwheelcycle,

That’s a great question! And believe me, it’s something that we’ve been considering a lot lately. We want to make it simple for people to find the answers that they need, and it has gotten a bit complicated lately with the addition of subscription accounts to our standalone licenses.

Here’s where it gets tricky though: whether you’re using a standalone license or a 1Password account, you still access your 1Password data via the apps. So, while there are some issues that are specific to the 1Password accounts themselves (or the web interface), many issues apply to the apps themselves, and could be relevant to both licensed users and account holders.

We’ve discussed a few options briefly but haven’t found a good answer yet. One of the concerns is that we don’t want to make it too difficult for users to decide where to post their question. We want users to get the help that they need as quickly as possible, and overwhelming them with options for posting could be a bit frustrating.

It’s great to hear that you use these forums as a resource for determining what’s new and relevant about 1Password. I’ll see if I can revive this discussion with my forum teammates and try to come to a better conclusion. :)

This discussion has been closed.