Question about Signing-Up

OLLI_S
OLLI_S
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Lounge

When I sign-up with 1Password (where I pay $2.99 per month and get 6 months for free) when do I have to start paying?
I am asking because I don't know if cloud-sync will work at work (we have blocked a lot, also cloud storage services like Dropbox are blocked).
I would like to sign up and test it before I have to pay the annual fee.

And a second question: I am using 1PW with a local database in trial mode.
When I sign-up what do I have to do that my database is stored in the cloud?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @OLLI_S,

When I sign-up with 1Password (where I pay $2.99 per month and get 6 months for free) when do I have to start paying?

The six month trial of the 1Password account is completely free. You will not have to add your credit card until the end of the trial period. If you decide not to add a credit card after the trial expires, your data will be available to you in read-only mode.

I am using 1PW with a local database in trial mode.
    When I sign-up what do I have to do that my database is stored in the cloud?

All data for 1Password accounts is stored on our servers. This allows us to offer you some pretty great features such as web access. A copy of your data will still live on your system to ensure that you can still access your data, even if you’re not connected to the internet.

I hope this helps, but we’re here if you have any other questions or concerns!

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

@Megan
    I went to the website and created an account (everything went fine).
    In my account I see that I can download all apps and I see also the migration guide.
    Here I see one big problem that makes it impossible to use 1Password.

At home I don't want to use a beta version with productive data (beta means buggy, not yet finished and data can be destroyed).
    So at home I don't want to use the beta version!

At work I can install 1Password (I have local admin rights), but never-ever I will install .NET.
    Installing applications is normally strictly forbidden and also not possible (restricted rights).
    Only very rare users (like me) have local admin rights, but every installation is tracked.
    So if I install 1Password, this can be explained.
    But if I install a system component like .NET I can get real trouble (it can cause problems with other applications).
    This is too dangerous.
    We have .NET installed but not the required version (the installation of the beta fails).
    So at work I can't install .NET and therefore not use the beta version!

Does 1Password 4 for Windows (4.6.0.604) support the cloud sync?
    If not: do I get a license key for 1Password 4?
    I expected that I find a license key for 1Password 4 in my account?

Next Problem is the payment method.
    Do you also accept PayPal?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@OLLI_S,

I'm sorry to hear that your company is using an old version of the .NET framework. :(

Does 1Password 4 for Windows (4.6.0.604) support the cloud sync?

On Windows, support for 1Password.com accounts is only available in 1Password 6. 1Password 4 was released before 1Password.com accounts ever existed, so it doesn't have support for them.

If not: do I get a license key for 1Password 4? I expected that I find a license key for 1Password 4 in my account?

You can sync a vault from 1Password 4 to 1Password 6 using Dropbox. However, it sounds like your work prevents that, and it would be read-only in 1Password 6.

We don't give out free licenses for 1Password 4, but if you add a credit card to your account we can certainly supply you with a license for 1Password 4 if you still want one.

Do you also accept PayPal?

Only Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards are accepted.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

I don't want to pay twice (buy a full license of 1Password 4 and then the 2.99 for my 1Password account.
    So, what solution do you offer?

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

@brenty : do you have any idea for this problem?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@OLLI_S: If you're interested in the subscription primarily to get all of the apps, you could use local vaults with 1Password 4. You just won't be able to benefit from the automatic sync, web interface, and other features only possible using a 1Password Account.

If that's still something you'd be interested in, shoot us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and we'll see what we can do to help. But hopefully you'll be able to use a more recent version of .Net and 1Password 6 in the near future. Being stuck on an old version of .Net means you're missing out on a lot of security fixes.

However, a better solution may be to use the web interface, since it sounds like syncing will be a problem even if you can use 1Password 4. Let me know what you think!

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

@brenty
    My intention is the following:
    I want to use 1Password on my private PC, on my PC at work, on my Laptop, on my Android phone and on my (hopefully soon coming) Windows 10 phone.
    So I want to use all the apps.

I have no problem paying $64.99 for the Windows version, but I don't want to pay for the mobile versions.
    And I don't want to pay an update fee when 1Password 6 is released soon.
    This is the reason why I prefer the subscription (no extra costs).

I prefer a local vault in 1Password 4 (have 1Password 4 at home and at work).
    As soon as 1Password 6 is out of beta I will use this.

So, what is the best option for me?

• If you prefer the fact that for a monthly rate you can use all of the apps, and not have to worry about any upgrade/additional costs then the subscription may be the way to go. We'd have to manually generate a 1Password 4 for Windows license for you though, as 1Password 4 for Windows can't sign in to subscription accounts. So, as Brenty mentioned, drop us an email and we'll help you get sorted out. :)

Ben

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

Hello @Ben,

thank you for your offer that you (or the sales team) will generate a 1Passwoed 4 Key for me.
    When I read @brenty 's reply I did not read that I can get a 1Password 4 key.

One question at the end:
    When I buy 1Password 4 normally ($64.99), are then the Android and Windows Phone 10 apps included?
    And also the usage on 3 different Windows PCs?
    And how much would the upgrade to version 6 cost?

OLLI

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @OLLI_S,

When I buy 1Password 4 normally ($64.99), are then the Android and Windows Phone 10 apps included?

The $64.99 price for 1Password includes desktop licenses for 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows. Our mobile apps are a free download, with some Pro features available for a one time In-App Purchase. These features would be a separate purchase, but you can always access your data on your mobile devices using just the free version of the apps.

And also the usage on 3 different Windows PCs?

A single user license for 1Password entitles you to use 1Password on as many desktop computers as you personally use.

And how much would the upgrade to version 6 cost?

Unfortunately I don’t have any information on what upgrade pricing for 1Password 6 for Windows will look like. Those details will be released when the app is ready. As has been mentioned above, this is one of the benefits of using a 1Password account: as long as your account is active, you’ll have access to all updates and upgrades to 1Password with no extra cost.

Please let us know if you have further questions!

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

@brenty @Megan @Ben
    I have received the 1Password license key for 1Password 4, thank you!

What do I have to do to activate 1Password for Android?
    I have a 1Password subscription.
    But on Android I want to use my existing local vault (I have no data in the 1Password Cloud)

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

Meantime I found the solution myself.
    Just scan the QR-Code of my account in the Android App and disable the Online Valut called "Personal".

• Glad to hear you got that figured out OLLI_S. Yes, that would be the way to handle it. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.