Touch ID

Options
orcalder
orcalder
Community Member

Hi,
I'm using the latest 1Password app on my iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 10 beta 7 (the problem I'm about to describe happened on iOS 9 as well).

When I'm on the "Touch ID to open 1Password" screen, in case I locked my phone that way (pressing the sleep button), the only way to release my phone when I wake it up again is by opening my vault and only then closing or exiting the app. If I don't open the vault the app won't let me do anything with my iPhone. Not to mention, when someone I trust with my iPhone passcode tries to use it, they can't because they can't open the vault.
Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

Agilebits, can you fix this?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @orcalder,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Pressing the home button (actually depressing it, not just resting a finger on it like you would for Touch ID) should return you to your home screen, regardless of the lock state of 1Password.

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• orcalder
    orcalder
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for your reply @Ben
    I thought it was clear though, it won't let me do that. pressing the home button makes the smaller pop up disappear but a second after that it shows up again and ask me to unlock 1password.
    tapping 'cancel' apparently does the job. although it didn't before. I'm confused now. but at least it works

• Ben
    Options

@orcalder,

Tapping your home button at any time in any app should take you to the home screen. That isn't even something apps are able to override to the best of my knowledge. If that isn't the behavior you're experiencing you may want to have your device examined at the Genius Bar by Apple.

Thanks for the update though, glad to hear you found a workaround.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.