The one-time-password function in my IOS app is broken showing access-id and secret instead of OTP

Options
ArneDamvin
ArneDamvin
Community Member

The one time password field in my IOS app has suddenly started showing access-id and secret as text instead of the OTP. If I copy the secret into a new OTP-field, it won't work. I'm using the latest IOS-version of 1Password and syncing to Mac and Windows over Dropbox. No changes has been made to the account. My langugage is set to Norwegian, so the fields are named "tilgangsnøkkel-id" (access-id) and "hemmelighet" (secret).

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 9.3.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:one time password broken

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ArneDamvin,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble.

The one-time password field should be a single URL. Something like this:

otpauth://totp/Example:alice@google.com?secret=JBSWY3DPEHPK3PXP&issuer=Example

Here is what it looks like for me:

Could you take a screenshot of what you are seeing? I'm trying to understand what happened that you have two separate fields. Please be sure to REDACT the sensitive information or use fake information as I did above.

What happens if you create a new Login item and then add the one-time password to the new Login item?

This discussion has been closed.