I really trying to migrate from RoboForm to 1Password but this BETA is making almost impossible to

ur2nozy69
ur2nozy69
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I would really like to migrate to 1Password for my Mac and Windows needs, however, this BETA is BRUTAL!! Nothing works! I know it's BETA but have a little mercy and don't rush things out the door that don't work AT ALL!
There is no extension (that I can find) for IE 11
It will not populate / AutoFill
It will not startup with login

What good is it?

need a timeline for features!

Mac side = good
Windows side = WTH?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ur2nozy,

If you have 1Password 6 for Mac, my suggestion is to use that version to import Robofrom, it does support it.

1Password 6 Beta is a beta build of a brand new program, it doesn't have everything implemented; we're not rushing this, we're actually shipping a basic core app first and then ship more updates to add features on top of it.

This beta is for 1Password.com customers who need to have a Windows native program as they cannot use 1Password 4 program. 1Password 4 and 6 will continue to co-exist for a while until we get 1Password 6 to match the feature parity of 1Password 4 before we replace 1Password 4 as well.

IE11 is not supported nor will it be supported by 1Password 6 initially, only 1Password 4 can support IE11 right now. 1Password 6 will only support Firefox and Chrome initially.

It will not populate / AutoFill

1Password mini should be filling in Firefox and Chrome right now, did you already import your data first? You need to have existing data in 1Password 6 Beta before 1Password mini can fill.

A lot of updates are coming soon for 1Password mini, we will implement saving new Login items, filling with credit card / identity items, ability to view all items and their details and many more.

It will not startup with login

Can you explain what you mean here? 1Password 6 Beta does not yet have a setting to autostart with Windows, this is coming in a future update.

• ur2nozy69
    ur2nozy69
    Community Member

1) I have to use IE with my work sites
    2) When is this "base" app coming out?
    3) cannot use version 4 because I'm trying out the Families service
    4) autostart - that is what I meant

I have already converted / transferred my RoboForm, however, I really need the Windows side of it to work a lot better than it does now

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ur2nozy69,

I have to use IE with my work sites

Unfortunately we have no plans of supporting IE in 1Password 6

When is this "base" app coming out?

The stable app release is just around the corner. We plan on releasing it in the coming days or weeks.

I have already converted / transferred my RoboForm, however, I really need the Windows side of it to work a lot better than it does now

There's still a lot we can do to improve 1Password 6 and we're working hard to make things better. We've com such a long way and we want to add these features as much as you do. You can use 1Password 4 in the meantime and re-join 1Password 6 once it suits you better.

This discussion has been closed.