Error!! 1password damaged, delete and reload. What happens to current data?

Options
RRoggenk28
RRoggenk28
Community Member

Recently upgraded the I Mac operating system to OS X El Capitan. Recent upgrade to I Password from the Apple app store gives me an error massage "1 Password.app is damaged and can't be opened. Delete 1 Password.app and download it again from the App Store". What happens to the previously stored passwords, etc.? DO I LOOSE THEM?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Error!! 1password damaged, delete and reload. What happens to current data?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RRoggenk28,

Thanks for writing in for help with this! I'm sorry you're getting an error when trying to open the 1Password app, but we can definitely help you get it working correctly again.

It sounds like you're getting the error message described here: If you see the message "1Password is damaged and can't be opened"

Your 1Password data is safe! That error is related to a certificate issue in the Mac App Store that can affect various apps (not just 1Password). Just follow the steps from the above article to solve it. Even if you need to delete & reinstall the 1Password app, you won't lose any of your data because that's stored in another location on your Mac (and not in the app file itself). When deleting the app, just make sure you don't use any app cleaning tools.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.