Disable Duo 2FA for guest accounts

stmyers
stmyers
Community Member

Hi, I've got Duo 2FA enabled on our Team Account, but i'd like to have it not apply to Guest accounts. We use guest accounts to share to a few outside vendors but don't want to support Duo enrollment / consume a Duo license.

Any way to do that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• jpringle
    jpringle
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

From a Duo perspective you could apply a New User Policy set to Allow Access to the 1Password application in Duo. This would mean that any valid 1Password user that is not enrolled in Duo would be automatically passed through to 1Password.

Seems like it would be a cool feature request to have a configurable option on the 1Password side to enforce/disable Duo for guest accounts!

Source: Duo Employee

• Hi @stmyers! Looks like the speedy @jpringle beat me to this one. I was just starting my reply too! This is something we could implement on our end in the future, but so far you're actually the only person who's mentioned it. If we get some more interest, we'll certainly look into it. :) Thanks for the suggestion, and I hope the Duo side of things works for you at the moment.

• stmyers
    stmyers
    Community Member

Thanks for quick reply!

I set the New User Policy to Allow Access; i'll test it out and make sure it works.

• Sounds great :+1:

This discussion has been closed.