1password right click context menu / menu bar icon does nothing in chrome

Options

Sometimes in windows 10 on chrome clicking 1password on my right click menu does nothing. Same thing happens if I try to click the 1password icon in the menu bar. (up by the hamburger menu)

I can still open the 1password app, so I'm guessing it's related to the chrome extension?

anyone else having issues?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: win10 1607
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @jcharles00,

That's usually means it is being suppressed by a third party software on your computer, it's blocking the communication between the 1Password extension and 1Password Helper.

Can you tell me what anti-malware or security solution you have installed on your PC?

• jcharles00
    jcharles00
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like I have something called "Cylance protect" that appears to be some kind of security thing. (sorry, company issued machine at my new job. don't know much about it yet)

The odd thing is, 1password worked for a few days before stopping.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jcharles00,

The odd thing is, 1Password worked for a few days before stopping.

Was that while Cylance Protect was running or prior to that software being installed?

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report after reproducing the issue in Chrome and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.