Number of items in backup not the same as number of items in vault

CharlesM
CharlesM
Community Member

I am in the process of transferring my 1Password vault to a 1Password Account vault. My backup says there are 1247 items but my active vault (when I select all items to copy to the Account vault) says 908 items. What about the extra items (are they the deleted ones) and can they be preserved / moved also?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:number of items in backup not same as in vault

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CharlesM,

Thanks for writing in with your question! I'm sorry for any confusion about the item count - the number of items shown for a backup includes items from all local/standalone vaults (i.e. vaults that aren't part of your account), and also includes items in the Trash in your local/standalone vaults. If you open 1Password and select your Primary vault, then click on Trash in the left sidebar, are there a lot of items there? If so, that should explain the difference.

Ideally, you shouldn't need any of the items in the Trash, as that's meant for items you want to delete. But if you do have items in the Trash that you want to keep, you'll need to restore them (there's a Restore button for each item in the Trash) so they appear in one of the item categories in that vault, and then you can move them to your account.

Does that help? If you have more questions about that, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• CharlesM
    CharlesM
    Community Member

Drew,

Thanks. That helps a lot.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Drew, you are quite welcome!

Have a great rest of your week. :)

This discussion has been closed.