1P won't fill in stored passwords

Options
penknife
penknife
Community Member

I have an Mac desktop running version 9:12. 1P won't fill in passwords or ask to remember passwords I enter into websites. 1P has never worked for me and I have had it for 2 years. Just updated to latest version. Still doesn't work. Pretty disgusted. I would really like some help. Thanks, ron c

1Password Version: latest version today
Extension Version: Safari
OS Version: Safari 9:12
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @penknife,

I'm sorry 1Password isn't working for you as it should be! We'll be happy to help you get things sorted out.

Thanks for letting us know that you're using Safari 9.1.2. In order to help you solve this, we'll also need to know a few other details:

• What version of Mac OS X are you running? (Click the  menu in the top left corner of the screen and select About This Mac)
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • What version of the 1Password extension is installed in Safari?
    • Do you see the 1Password extension icon in Safari's toolbar?
    • Do you see the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menubar?

Thanks in advance! :)

• penknife
    penknife
    Community Member
    Options

Running Mac OS X El Capitan version 10-11-6, 1P version app 4-4-3, Mac App Store version, 1P extension 4.5.9. ,1P extension visible in tool bar, no mini icon in menu bar. Hope this helps, thanks for the support.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that additional information, @penknife! I think we found part of the problem. You are running a very old version of 1Password. :)

Open the App Store app on your Mac, then click Updates in the toolbar. Click the Update button to download and install the latest version of 1Password.

Mac App Store updates available

If the update isn't showing up, please let me know. You can switch to the version of 1Password from the AgileBits website.

• penknife
    penknife
    Community Member
    Options

Khad it did not up in the updates. Also I believe I bought this from the 1P website, not Apple. Thanks, ron c

• penknife
    penknife
    Community Member
    Options

Drew, got the latest version downloaded from 1P. Got rid of previous version. Downloaded Safari extension. 1P still will not fill in logins or ask if I want it to remember the log in I enter at a site. Frustration level rising.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @penknife,

Sorry to hear that didn't solve the problem! Problems like that can certainly be a bit frustrating, but don't worry - we'll figure this out.

In order to help us find the problem, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• penknife
    penknife
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your support.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome, @penknife!

We received your Diagnostics Report, and I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Hopefully we'll have this all sorted out soon. :)

ref: IEI-94788-325

• penknife
    penknife
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.