Switching from license to individual account resulted in duplicate entries on iPad only

DrRon
DrRon
Community Member

Today, I responded to your email to upgrade from 1Password 6 license to 1Password 6 using an individual account. I first established an account using the same master password as my existing one, and then transferred my old vault to my new "personal" vault on my Mac, and this worked well. I then deleted my old vault. I then went to my iPhone6 and added the account to that device, and this also worked as expected. I then went to my iPad, and added my new account to that device. When I looked at my vault on my iPad, every item (logins, credit cards, notes and every other item) was duplicated. As I noted, this only happened on my iPad (which is running iOS 10 beta, which could be the problem, but i'm not sure). I previously synced via Dropbox, and I moved the agilbits folder in my dropbox to the trash. Is there an easy way to delete all of the duplicated items, or do I have to go through them 1 at a time (which would be ridiculous as I have about 450 items)?

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.0
Sync Type: account
Referrer: forum-search:switching from license to individual account resulted in duplicate entries on iPad

Comments

• Hi @DrRon,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Does the iPad still have the old Primary vault? You can check here:

1Password > Settings > Vaults

If you see one labeled Primary there then that is likely the issue. You can resolve by going to Settings > Advanced > Erase All 1Password Data, then relaunch the app and log back into your account. This option does not affect any data stored in your 1Password account. You may need to set any preferences you had (such as Touch ID) back up.

Thanks!

Ben

• DrRon
    DrRon
    Community Member

Thanks Ben! That did it! By the way, I just want to let you and everyone at AgileBits know how much I appreciate the new individual accounts, allowing me to use all of my devices (including my Windows 10 machine) syncing via your cloud as opposed to having to use Dropbox (since I have both Mac and PC's). I also want you to know that you have the fastest, most reliable support of any apps I use. Thanks again!

• Thanks so much for the kind words, DrRon! I've shared them with the rest of the team and I'm sure they'll cause at least a few smiles. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.