New $2.99 sign-up vs old trial version hanging on

thamel53
thamel53
Community Member

Using a MacBook air. I responded to the subscription service email for the individual account for $2.99/month. I downloaded the application but before I did, I deleted/removed an old 1Password6 account according to instructions. I thought it was all gone but after I signed up for the subscription service and went through all the getting started stuff, the old version showed back up in trial version and is asking for the licensing fee to continue. Help please.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thamel53,

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble getting set up here. Could you tell me which instructions you were following to set up 1Password on your Mac? What you’re describing doesn’t sound familiar to me. The instructions that can help you add a 1Password account to 1Password for Mac are in our support guides:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Do you have multiple versions of the 1Password app installed on your MacBook Air? (Please check in your Applications folder to make sure.)

• thamel53
    thamel53
    Community Member

I used these instructions.https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/ to delete the account that I had set up long ago. I did remove 1Password from my application folder, moved app to trash and emptied the trash. Felt I was starting from a clean slate. Then I followed the setup instructions (via a link) that were sent to me in your promotional email on August 17, 2016 entitled, 'Introducing 1Password Accounts for Individuals". I signed up for the $2.99/mo, provided my credit card information and finished the sign up process. I showed only one version in my application folder. Everything seemed fine until I restarted my computer, noticed the iPassword icon was back at the top of the screen again (don't know what that area is called, sorry) I clicked it and I was notified that my trial version had ended and was being asked for a licensing arrangement at $64.99. The old information that I had entered a long time ago was still there so apparently I didn't delete what I thought I deleted.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thamel53,

Thanks for getting back to me with that information! I can see where the confusion is coming in.

There is no need to delete the application when you sign up for a 1Password account. You’ll be using the same 1Password app to access your 1Password account data as you used to access your previous database.

Furthermore, your 1Password data is stored separately from the app itself, to prevent accidental deletion, so reinstalling the app won’t remove your previous data.

I clicked it and I was notified that my trial version had ended and was being asked for a licensing arrangement at $64.99.

The trial notification will go away once you have signed in to your 1Password account. :)

The old information that I had entered a long time ago was still there so apparently I didn't delete what I thought I deleted.

If you do not need any of this data, you can remove it by using the Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data option in 1Password’s menu while the app is locked. When you restart 1Password, you’ll have the option to sign in to your account, and everything should be smooth sailing from there!

• thamel53
    thamel53
    Community Member

Thanks for your help. I will do this when I get a chance. Hopefully I'll be all set and you won't hear from me again.

• On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. :) We're happy to answer any other question if you've got them.

This discussion has been closed.