Problem trying to install 1Password extension from Safari Extension Gallery

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can not install extension after it downloads for safari.

Comments

• kyle9
    kyle9
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the exact same problem and I did download the extension from the Safari Extension gallery. I would love some help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kyle9,

I'm sorry you're having trouble installing the 1Password extension in Safari! I moved your message to a new thread because it sounds like you're having a slightly different problem - the OP in the previous discussion downloaded the 1Password extension from our own extension download page, but received an error when double-clicking the downloaded file to install it in Safari. But you said you tried to install the extension from the Safari Extension Gallery - if so, there's no downloaded file for you to open. The extension should just install itself in Safari as soon as you click the "Install now" link.

But don't worry, we'll help you figure this out! First, can you please confirm these are the steps you followed to install the extension from the Safari Extension Gallery:

• Open Safari and go to the menu for Safari > Safari Extensions...
    • If 1Password is listed at the top, click on that (if not, you can search for it in the 'Search' field).
    • Click the Install now link.

If you follow those steps but they don't work, we'll need to know some details about the problem and your setup:

• What version of Mac OS X are you running?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • If you open Safari and go to Safari > Preferences in the menu, then click the Extensions tab, do you see a 1Password extension listed there? (If so, what version?)
    • When you follow my steps above to install the extension from the Safari Extension Gallery, what happens? Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact message?

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.