Count of items per category is very inaccurate

jamon147
jamon147
Community Member

I've seen other posts about Category counts not syncing properly right away, but I think this is a different (maybe related?) issue.

Using 1Password 6.4.4 for iOS. I go to Categories, and as I look down the list of Categories, I notice that the item count on the right edge of every Category bears no relation to reality. Some are close: It says I have 2 Drivers Licenses when actually I have 1. Some are less close: It says I have 7 Servers when actually I have 4. And some are quite far off: It says I have 18 Secure Notes when actually I have 10. In every case I believe the count on the Categories page is higher than it should be. (Is there a multiplier at work here? Count = actual number * ~1.75, rounded?)

I looked at the troubleshooting steps in other posts; switching vaults did not help, nor did force-quitting the app. I have 1Pw on iOS & Mac set to sync via wifi, so I have no idea when I last did a "manual sync."

It's not significantly affecting my experience, but it's just weird!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jamon147,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re running into this issue as well! I’ll add your feedback to the report in our internal tracker in the hopes that it will help our developers get to the bottom of this quickly.

ref: OPI-884

• jameswthorne
    jameswthorne
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

I too have this problem on version 6.4.4 of the iOS app.

I just switched from syncing with Dropbox to syncing with iCloud on OS X and iOS. The OS X app appears to have no issues, but the iOS app shows an All Items category count of 321 when Sync preferences shows 578 items have been synced. Despite the counts being way off, I can access all 578 items.

• Thanks for letting us know, @jameswthorne.

Ben

• zimv20
    zimv20
    Community Member

is there any update on this? i am also seeing inaccurate counts. i sync via wifi only, no cloud involved.

OSX version: 10.11.6
    desktop 1PW version: 6.3.5
    iOS version: 6.4.5

i typically make updates/adds to the desktop version, then sync via wifi to my iOS devices (phone and iPad). though the data all syncs fine, the counts have not been updated in some weeks.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@zimv20 try force quitting 1Password for iOS and restarting it. That seemed to fix the problem for me—at least for the time being.

Stephen

• zimv20
    zimv20
    Community Member

@Stephen_C thanks that workaround seemed to do it.

would still like to see the bug fixed properly.

• Thanks for the update! And thanks for the assist here, @Stephen_C. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.