htaccess Password

Hi there,

there's a lot of tips and tricks to use login for htaccess passwords, but none of these tips works.

I would give feedback to the developers: Please do a possibility to create a .htaccess passwords in 1Password for future versions. I think that this is feasible and meaningful.

My advice:
Domain: domain.com / ...
User: username
Password: password
1Password builds from the appropriate link, that's it.

It's time to approach these non-standard logins, it will be in future no less for these double-login windows of Google and others, a simple solution would be practical, your users are not all programmers ;-)

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @kazu! Thanks for asking about this. It's definitely something we've heard quite a few times, and it's something we're considering. I know what you mean, though — I set up some basic auth for phpMyAdmin on a personal project the other day (yes, I know I should just be doing the cool thing with straight mySQL but I wanted to learn that GUI) and had to generate a password for it as well. Hopefully we can support this in the future. :) I'll forward your feedback to the team.

• zel777
    zel777
    Community Member

I'd love to see this feature as well! I'm a Web Designer/Developer and the ONLY way I can store htaccess logins is through the browser's interface, which according to AgileBits is VERY insecure.... It would be great to see 1password integrate this so I can disable Chrome's password manager completely (which causes other issues when 1password is enabled also). Please DO put htaccess login management into 1password. People have been asking for years!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know you're also interested in this, we appreciate the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.