Chrome extension is visible but does nothing when clicked

Options
CoderMay
CoderMay
Community Member

After years of working flawlessly, the Chrome extension for my Mac has stopped worked. I can see the extension, but clicking it does nothing. If I disable every other extension and restart Chrome, same thing.

1Password Version: 6.3.3 (632001)
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: 10.11.16
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:chrome

Comments

• CoderMay
    CoderMay
    Community Member
    Options

I've also cleared every cache in Chrome, and even rebooted.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CoderMay,

I'm sorry you're having trouble using the 1Password extension in Chrome! I don't know why it wouldn't react at all when you click on it, but we'll help to figure this out one way or another.

The first thing I'd like you to try is to uninstall & reinstall the extension:

• In Chrome, go to Window > Extensions in the menubar.
    • In the Extensions window, click the trash can icon next to the 1Password extension and click Remove.
    • Restart Chrome.
    • Open the following link in Chrome: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    • Click the big green Install button, and follow the steps on the new page to install the extension.

Does that make any difference? If not, can you please let us know a few more details:

• Do you see the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menubar? If so, what happens when you click on it?
    • If you don't see the mini icon in the menubar, open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences > General. Is the option for "Always keep 1Password mini running" enabled?
    • In Chrome, what happens if you use the ⌘\ ( Command+Backslash ) keyboard shortcut instead of click on the extension?
    • What exact version of Chrome are you using?

Thanks! :)

• CoderMay
    CoderMay
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. For reasons unknown (although I did reboot at some point) it is now working. Should it stop again, I shall return here and try to give you more insight. I wonder if Chrome had done it's evergreen update thing and was just waiting for the reboot to complete, and causing the issue.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, I'm glad it started working properly again! I think there was recently an update for Chrome, so that's certainly one possible explanation for what happened, although I don't know for sure. But like you said, if it starts to happen again, just let us know and we'll be happy to take a further look into it. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.