There are 2 features in the PC version that I wish were in the Mac version!

Options
mbernhardt
mbernhardt
Community Member

1) The ability to put a new login into a folder at the time of creation, and
2) An "uncategorized" folder so that it's easy to find those that were not categorized on creation

Can you add these features soon? Otherwise the Mac version is far cleaner to work with.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:folders

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mbernhardt,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with your feedback/feature requests! I'd be happy to forward those to our developers to let them know.

1) The ability to put a new login into a folder at the time of creation

In case it helps, you can assign Tags when saving a new Login item. Tags have actually replaced Folders in 1Password accounts, and they have the advantage that an item can have multiple tags at the same time (whereas an item can only be in one folder at a time).

2) An "uncategorized" folder so that it's easy to find those that were not categorized on creation

You can actually create a Smart Folder for that exact purpose: Open the main 1Password app and go to File > New Smart Folder. At the top of the window, set the search options as follows:

• Search: All Items
    • All of the following are true
    • Folder is (if you see a text field there, leave it empty)

Then click Save and give the Smart Folder a name. That should work the same way as the "uncategorized" folder from the Windows version.

Again, I'll be glad to let our developers know about your requests but thought these tips might be helpful for you. If you need anything else, please let us know! :)

• mbernhardt
    mbernhardt
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I'm now using tags, and I've set up the smart folder so I can tag logins that aren't in a folder. Followup question: The final step would be to get rid of the folders. Is there a way to "unfolder" my logins in bulk? Or even one at a time? When I go to edit the login, the folder is not visible or editable. It seems I can only move items to a different folder, by dragging.

If it's easier to do on a PC, please tell me how to do it there.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mbernhardt

I'm glad to hear that everything's going well for you and that tags do the trick! :chuffed:

You can "unfolder" your items easily. In 1Password on your Mac, go to the folder you want to empty, right click on any item on the list and click on Select All. Then right click again somewhere on the item list and click Remove from Folder. And that's it! two clicks for each folder you want to empty ;) You can then either leave the empty folders hanging around or right click on the folders and then Delete to get rid of them.

Please let us know how this works for you and if you need help with anything else :chuffed:

• mbernhardt
    mbernhardt
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect! I don't how missed that. Thanks for your help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Pilar, you're most welcome! Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.