Running 6.3.2 and am required to install an "updated version"

earthquake_glue
earthquake_glue
Community Member

Hi all,

I am running 1Password 6.3.2 (downloaded from Agile Bits site) and receive a pop up that states the following:

"Updated Version Required Your saved data appears to be newer than this version of 1Password can use. Please update your copy of 1Password to its latest version."

I even signed up for the new subscription model and installed the app from the web account and this is still occurring.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:updated version required

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @earthquake_glue

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. It sounds like you might have enabled betas at some point so your data is running on a new schema. You have two options here: either enable betas again (you can do so by going to Preferences > Updates and then enable "Include Beta builds") or, if you have data stored somewhere else start over and sync your data from another device. I would personally recommend the first options: it's way easier and our Betas are really stable. :chuffed:

Please let us know if you have any more questions about all this and how this turns out for you :chuffed:

• earthquake_glue
    earthquake_glue
    Community Member

Hi @Pilar

Thanks for the help. "Include Beta Builds" was disabled. The pop up is still occurring. I moved my account to a 1password account so all my syncing will occur through 1password sync servers, correct? Is this considered a team/family account or simply a "1password" account?

With the new account on my Mac and iPhone, am I safe to delete the sync set up in my Dropbox account?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @earthquake_glue

Getting an account was a great idea! Now your data will be available everywhere with no extra effort. You are correct, your data is now being stored (and synced) through our servers, so you have nothing to worry about! This is just a 1Password Account, if you want to share data with your family or in your workspace then you'd consider one of the other two options :chuffed:

If you have moved all your data into your new account then you can safely delete your Dropbox sync and even delete your Primary Vault if you want! Just go to Preferences > Advanced and then disable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts".

Please let us know how this goes for you and if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• earthquake_glue
    earthquake_glue
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

Thanks, @Pilar.

My original issue is still occurring. I'm not sure what I can do to resolve it? I am using a new 1password account, version 6.3.2, syncing through 1password servers.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @earthquake_glue

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble. Have you deleted your Primary Vault? Can you please go to 1Password Preferences> Updates and click on check now to make sure you are running the latest Beta? If you do this and still find that you're having some trouble, I'd like to ask you to please send us a Diagnostics Report so we can take a look at what's going on and help you better.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• earthquake_glue
    earthquake_glue
    Community Member

@Pilar Thanks. I do not want to run Beta's of 1Password. I simply want the service to work without repeated interruptions telling me I need to update when I am current on 1Password 6.3.3. I will be sending a diagnostic report assign as I can.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @earthquake_glue

I see that you've sent the Diagnostics Report and have been talking about this with Greig over email. We'll continue the conversation over there to keep everything in one place. 1Password will be back on its soon :chuffed:

ref: CVN-66239-173

• earthquake_glue
    earthquake_glue
    Community Member

@Pilar Thank you! You and the whole AgileBits crew are fantastic! Cannot express my thanks enough!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @earthquake_glue

You're very welcome! And thank you very much for your very kind words, it's a great motivation for us :chuffed: I hope this gets sorted out soon and 1Password gets back on it's feet!

This discussion has been closed.