Sync with Dropbox is not frequent enough

Options
Smudge
Smudge
Community Member

I have multiple vaults configured for syncing via Dropbox.

On the Mac, any 1P changes are immediately pushed to Dropbox.
On my iPhone, those changes are not shown until I manually run a Sync Now from the Settings>Sync screen.

For example, in another thread I was discussing adding custom icons to some entries. After updating the icons and saving them, I opened 1P on my phone to see how they looked but they were not updated. I did a manual sync for the primary vault and the changes appeared.

My other vaults, which also have been updated tonight with icons and a bunch of other cleanup, have yet to automatically update. In the Sync details screen for each vault, the Last Sync is yesterday.

Wouldn't it be ideal if it attempted a sync any time I launched 1P and logged in?
Is it possible to use the background app refresh mode to sync often, even if I haven't launched 1P?

Thanks

P.S. While writing up this post, I had 1P open to the sync screen. I switched to the phone settings to get the iOS version number. When I opened 1P again, it came back to the sync screen and I briefly saw the "Dropbox >" text switch to "Syncing" and then right back. However, looking at the details screen, they still say last sync was yesterday. This is not a Dropbox login problem because if I hit Sync Now, it immediately updates the vault.

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Smudge,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this feedback.

Wouldn't it be ideal if it attempted a sync any time I launched 1P and logged in?

That is actually the intended behavior. If you launch the 1Password app (not the extension) it should be pulling in those changes. You should not have to use the "sync now" button.

Is it possible to use the background app refresh mode to sync often, even if I haven't launched 1P?

My understanding is that it is not, currently.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben , the support ID is [#LZT-63196-454]

• Got it @Smudge, look for a reply from me via email soon. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.