None of my browser extensions are working (for almost 2 weeks now). Can you help, please??

Options
amteixeira
amteixeira
Community Member

All my browser extensions stopped working about a week ago. I tried reinstalling them, but it always fails. Very annoying, it's breaking my entire workflow. Can you help, please?!?

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:None of my browser extensions are working (for almost 2 weeks now). Can you help, please??

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amteixeira

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password! I hope we can get to the bottom of it in no time. Could you please give us some more details about what's going on? Which browsers are you using? What exactly do you mean by "stopped working"? If you click on the extension what happens? Is this only happening with the 1Password browser extension or are other extensions also causing trouble?

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get to the bottom of this and get the extension up and running again for you :chuffed:

• amteixeira
    amteixeira
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Pilar. Let's do it!
    I'll focus on Chrome, OK?

My other extensions (extension, actually, I only have Evernote installed currently) is working properly.

When I press Command-\, nothing happens.

When I press the 1Password button on the browser taskbar, Chrome opens a new tab named "1Password Extension", which opens a big dialog box "External Protocol Request. Google Chrome needs to launch an external application...", to which I press the button "Launch Application". It then shows a gray web page with a box "Looking for the 1Password app" with two buttons: gray "Try Again" and blue "Get the App". Whey I press "Try Again" I notice that it tries to open the 1Password application (the icon on the MacOS dock jumps once or twice and the little dot under it appears), but it quits immediately. I also tried to do all this with the 1Password application open and unlocked, and the result is always the same. It's like it doesn't recognize that 1Password is running.

When I click the 1Password icon on the MacOS menu bar, it seems disconnected from Chrome (it does not sense the web page I am navigating, and offers to "Add Chrome Extension..."

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you need any clarification

Cheers,
    Andre

• christofire
    christofire
    Community Member
    Options

I experience this as well on Chrome, though Safari works fine for me. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, and the browser. Issue is as described in this blog article, though I am not running a beta. Has been a problem for weeks.

https://blog.agilebits.com/2015/08/10/adventures-in-beta-testing-continued-google-chrome-canary/

OS X 10.11.6 on MBPr
    1Password Version 6.3.2 (632000) MAS
    Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 (64-bit)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amteixeira

Thank you for giving me some more information, it sounds like you have bumped into a really annoying issue. It would be very helpful for us to have a better look into what's going on in your system.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• amteixeira
    amteixeira
    Community Member
    Options

Pilar, thank you. I have just sent the diagnostic file.
    The case ID is #IIN-22931-158

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

HI @amteixeira

We have received your diagnostics report, we'll continue the conversation over email. Someone will be in touch with you soon :chuffed:

ref: #IIN-22931-158

• amteixeira
    amteixeira
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :chuffed:

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @christofire,

We've also received your diagnostics report and will be in touch with you soon through email to continue the conversation there.

ref: BBQ-36835-388

• stpeteford
    stpeteford
    Community Member
    Options

Now this is happening to me one both computers, not working on Chrome & firefox. I can not even open the 1password application so I can look at passwords so I can work...........

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @stpeteford

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. We'll get to the bottom of this in no time, but we need some details about your configuration to be able to help you better. What's the version of 1Password and OS that you're using? What's the version of the extension and of Chrome and Firefox that you're running? This article can help you with finding that information:

Find your version of 1Password, the extension, or your operating system

Could you please tell some more details on how 1Password is not working? Is it that you can't find it in finder, that you click on 1Password and nothing happens, do you get a black screen...? Can you tell us some details about how the extensions are not working as well? This will help us understand better what's going and be able to help you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.