Multiple vaults, strange issues

lakario
lakario
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've gotten myself into a bit of a weird scenario here, and I think I've found a bug.

Today I registered a 1password.com account for my wife, with the hope of being able to login to either my Dropbox vault, or my wife's 1password.com vault, from the desktop client. I already have 1Password 4 installed, as well as the 1Password Windows Store App. After poking around a bit, I discovered that I would not be able to setup the 1password.com vault in either of these clients. It was then that I discovered the 1Password 6 Beta.

Upon installing the 1Password 6 Beta client, I first setup my Dropbox vault, and then shortly after I setup my wife's 1password.com vault. This seemed to work well enough, and I was able to switch between the two vaults in the 1Password 6 interface. However, upon locking the interface, I discovered that only my Dropbox vault's password was unable to unlock the 1Password 6 interface. My wife's password would not work at all. I experimented a bit more with the client- removing first my Dropbox account, then my wife's 1password.com account, and then adding one of them back. I discovered that no matter which account is setup, now only my Dropbox vault password will unlock 1Password 6. If I completely remove all of the accounts, and then add just my wife's account, still I must use my Dropbox vault password to unlock her 1password.com account.

What's going on here?

1Password Version: 6.0.186d
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password.com, Dropbox

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @lakario, sorry for the confusion. The Master Password in 1Password 6 is set to the first vault you add to the app. Since you added your Dropbox vault first, the app has been configured to only unlock with that Master Password. But you can fix this by going to "Settings > Options" then clicking the "Security" tab and clicking "Change master password". You'll need to enter your Dropbox password one more time at this window, and hopefully it'll be the last :).

One thing to remember, this will only change the Master Password for the 1Password 6 app and will not change the password for your wife's 1Password account.

Let me know how things go, and if you need a hand with anything else :)

This discussion has been closed.