Test drive version 6?

Options
reck
reck
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,

Is there any way to trial the 1Password 6 beta without moving over my version 4 data?

I understand v6 is very basic and buggy at the moment and not really suitable as a replacement yet but I would like to install it on a separate machine and keep an eye on it as it progresses.

Can I make a copy of my version 4 vault from dropbox and use this copy with with v6 on a separate machine?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @reck as a matter of fact 1Password 6 can access your folder vault only in read-only mode, there is no harm in trying on a separate machine. We would be happy to get your feedback, so we can make it better :)

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Sergey.

What's the best way to go about this?

I've downloaded 1P6 on to a separate machine but when I open it I'm given all these different options on how to get the data in.

I copied my vault and 1Password 4 export file over to the computer with 1p6 installed but when I selected the folder option and pointed it the folder holding my vault and export file it didn't see them.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@reck, you need to use "Folder" sync to setup your 1P6 account with your 1P4 data. To do this, you must navigate to the location of your .agilekeychain rather than your exported vault. Your 1P4 vault will be in one of two locations:
    1. C:\Users\ your name \Documents\1Password
    2. C:\Users\ your name \Dropbox\Apps\1Password

Next, you'll find a 1Password file folder that you can copy to your desktop

Now the next time you launch 1P6, select the "Folder" option and navigate to your Desktop and find the 1Password folder you placed there. Click "Open", enter your Master Password, and you should be all set :).

Let me know if you have any trouble along the way, we'll be here to help :).

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Got it. Cheers

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @reck! Let me know if you run into any other trouble :)

This discussion has been closed.