Trying to sync my account on new Samsung phone. It asks for "sign-in address" What is that?

Gwen_Reeves
Gwen_Reeves
Community Member

I downloaded the 1password App and am trying to sync my account on my new android phone (previously had iPhone) to my vault, I am choose sign-in manually. I have everything asked for except the "sign-in Address" -- what is that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Trying to sync my account on new samsung phone. It asks for "sign-in address" What is that?

Comments

• saad
    edited September 2016

Hi @Gwen_Reeves! The screen asking to enter the sign-in address, account key, email and master password are for 1Password accounts. I am very sorry for the confusion, and I will clarify what this is.

We recently introduced subscription services called 1Password Families, 1Password Teams, and individual 1Password accounts. All of these services are based on the same core technology and enhances the 1Password experience. It simplifies many of the maintenance involved. You no longer need to worry about having to manage syncing data between devices or having to backup your data periodically. All of this is done for you as your data is kept on our servers securely.

One of the big advantages of using this service is that it simplifies licensing too. Being an active member gives you full versions of 1Password on all available platforms. You no longer need to worry about licenses, in-app purchases or upgrade fees because this gives you access to the most current version of 1Password.

If you are interested in learning more (and taking advantage of our six months free promotion), check out our website: https://1password.com/

If you prefer to continue without a 1Password account, you still have the traditional sync options available to you. Just tap on Use without an Account on the setup screen on Android and you should see those options available.

If you are unsure how to continue from this screen, please let us know and we will help you advance through the setup!

• Gwen_Reeves
    Gwen_Reeves
    Community Member

**thank you very much. That worked. **

• I'm glad Saad was able to help you get everything sorted out! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.