simplify login for non-team 1pw accounts

Options
My1
My1
Community Member

one thing that has been a bit weird when I login in that I have to enter the team name even though my acc isnt even part of any team. upon mailing myself the team list (because the URL wasnt on the initial page with the acc key I printed out) and had to find out that the team name is my.1password.com (which is easy to remember for me because it ALMOST contains "My1" (lol)) but it was confusting (because I didnt have a team but an individual account, but it promted me for a team url) at the beginning and it would be helpful to have a "leave blank for individual account" or whatever option which would simplify it a lot because you dont need to care about this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback, @My1. This is something we've been looking into improving, and we took one step with it by adding a little text to the bottom of https://my.1password.com/signin:

We'll be changing the Sign In button on 1Password.com to go to that page as well, so that should help clear things up in a browser. In the apps, the QR code automatically fills things for you. I'd recommend using that to sign in to make things simpler. :)

ref: B5-1847

• My1
    My1
    Community Member
    Options

I am not referring to that oage you linked and shotted but to this https://start.1password.com/signin/ (go to 1password.com and click sign in, the most obvious way) which immediately wants your team URL, which is a weird step for individual accs.

• That's what I meant when I said we'd update the Sign In link on 1Password.com with the new link, which is https://my.1password.com/signin. ;) The "start" subdomain won't be used in the future since it is a bit confusing for folks who just started using 1Password as an individual.

• My1
    My1
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

oh okay I completely looked over that part.

but nice that will make 1pw on the browser easier for individual people.

but it may be helpful to show the teamurl (if needed) and possibly the email address on that screen where you see your acc key so you can print that page out instantly, without needing to get the emergency kit after, which would contain the same info.

• Hmm, the Account Key screen during the signup process? The reason there's not an Emergency Kit or equivalent on that page is because you need to successfully sign in with your new Master Password to complete the signup process. Then an Emergency Kit is generated. It's a good way of making sure you know the Master Password you just created.

• My1
    My1
    Community Member
    Options

also what might be helpful at least for the applications to set the default URL to the single URL or whatever.

• That's a good idea. Something we would like to do is make the sign-in address something you don't even need to think about. That's why we recommend using the QR code since it fills things for you.

• My1
    My1
    Community Member
    Options

well on a computer you cant really scan a QR.

• Ben
    Options

Sure you can. :) The QR reader is on screen. You'd just need to open a copy of your Emergency Kit on the screen as well.

I imagine we'll also be looking into adding support for the built-in webcams most laptops come with now, so that printed QR codes can be scanned. We're not quite there yet though.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• My1
    My1
    Community Member
    Options

oh got I probably completely overlooked the on screen QR reader, would have made it so much easier since I VNC'ed to my Main PC where I read the code from the PDF.

• Ben
    Options

Yep! Makes things much easier. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.