Feedback on the 1Password 6 beta

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: I see v1.0.9.342and v4.6.0.604 on a pc. Can I unistall v1?.

Comments

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

I do have an open issue on the win beta topic. It seems to me the 1pw v6 individual subscription service win based offering is not yet ready for pime time.
    Larry

• Hey @lwmcmahon,

We're happy about any feedback you might wish to give us.
    What specifically do you have issues with in the beta of 1Password 6?

Cheers,

Alex

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Please look at my discussion topic: 1password 6 windows pc, ipad, iphone

It seems to me to use v6 on my pc I must use the win beta 1pw beta app, which does not fill in login info in chrome. This means I use v6 on my idevices but v4 on my pc. Awkward.

I figure I must be doing something wrong :(
    Larry

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Tried again and could not login using v6 on my pc/chrome. It does not enter the login password.
    Larry

• GuyChapman
    GuyChapman
    Community Member
    Options

I have the following issue with 1Password 6 Beta on Windows 8.1: I installed the beta and sync with 1Password failed. Repeated attempts to connect have resulted in duplication of multiple logons in my vault visible online and through other devices, but my 8.1 PC still has the old master password and still has not successfully synced.

I have the following issue with the beta on Windows 10: Password search using the Chrome plugin also returns deleted items from Trash.

Also, 1Password4 had a shortcut to password generator in the Chrome extension, and would save changed passwords to your keychain. This appears to be missing from the current version. As does support for IE (which is mandated by my company for some applications).

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @GuyChapman, sorry for the trouble you've been having with 1Password, I'll do my best to answer each of your questions below.

I installed the beta and sync with 1Password failed. Repeated attempts to connect have resulted in duplication of multiple logons in my vault visible online and through other devices, but my 8.1 PC still has the old master password and still has not successfully synced.

Have you changed your Master Password for your 1Password account recently? There is a known issue that can interfere with sync after changing your 1Password accounts password. If you have, sign back into your 1Password account from the 1Password 6, but do not sign out first.

I have the following issue with the beta on Windows 10: Password search using the Chrome plugin also returns deleted items from Trash.

This is a known issue and we'll fix it in a future release.

1Password4 had a shortcut to password generator in the Chrome extension, and would save changed passwords to your keychain.

This is the next major feature we plan on adding to 1Password 6. Just sit tight and we'll announce in the release notes once we add this feature.

As does support for IE (which is mandated by my company for some applications).

Unfortunately, we have no plans to continue supporting IE in 1Password 6. Edge support will also be missing for the foreseeable future as it does not meet 1Password's needs for the extension.

• GuyChapman
    GuyChapman
    Community Member
    Options

I was having so much trouble on Win8.1 that I deleted 1Password, removed all data and reinstalled. Which is fine, but having signed in to 1Password it has now been sitting there with a progress bar for about half an hour.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GuyChapman what type of vault are you attempting to sync when you see this delay? There is a bug in the current release of 1Password 6 that can lead to slow sync times for Dropbox and folder vaults.

• GuyChapman
    GuyChapman
    Community Member
    Options

1Password personal vault in a Family account. No folder, no Dropbox.

• GuyChapman
    GuyChapman
    Community Member
    Options

1 hour now, still not synced.

• GuyChapman
    GuyChapman
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

The new client is appalling. I can't change entries from one type to another (e.g. login to website), I can't edit the favicons.ico for an entry, imports add tags that then have to be removed one by one (for nearly 2,000 items, thanks for that), you can't move something back from Trash. You can do this in the web client, so it's weird that you can't in the fat client. That said, you can delete multiple items in the fat client, which you don't appear to be able to do on the web.

The new Chrome plugin is also vile. The old one was simple and functional, the new one takes up a lot more space and is a lot more intrusive to do a substantially less comprehensive job.

• @GuyChapman Can you please tell us which version you're on?

We apologise for the troubles. We're working hard at optimising the database for very large datasets and it's coming along well. Very soon you should see a new version with greatly improved responsiveness.

As for the tag editing, yes that's a sore point and it's on our list of improvements.

Alex

This discussion has been closed.