Folders and tags

Options
Macorin
Macorin
Community Member
edited September 2016 in iOS

Hi guys (you are my favorite support forum),

In any case, I've written in about this in the past, so hope to keep the discussion going. I think the process of adding to folders and tagging is a bit cumbersome. There's really only one way to organize your entries into folders and that is by going into the organize tab, tapping into a folder, tapping edit and adding items one by one, starting at the top each time. Highly inefficient.

Tagging presents its own issues. Although you can add tags from within an entry, the process is not sophisticated enough to do it wuickly and/or easily. First of all, the app doesn't recall already created/used tags, so you have to type the entire tag out each time. It's also hard to remember which tags you've previously created.

I've made suggestions to improve this process in the past, but how about this: create a, "Organize" button just like the "Add to favorites" button within an entry. Tapping it opens the Folders/tags list. You then either drop the item into the folder or tag you want or you have the ability to create a new one right there with a "create new folder" button or "create new tag" button.

Either way, folders and tags are great, but not if you don't use them to their potential. The current system isn't allowing us to use them to their potential.

Sorry, this was meant for iOS, but I don't see how to switch it now.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Macorin

Thank you very much for taking some time to tell us what you'd like to see in 1Password, and I'm glad to hear that you like our forums! I can see how the current way to organise items directly on your iOS can be a bit cumbersome. Right now, the easiest way to organise your data is to do it directly on your computer, however I'm aware that not everyone uses 1Password on a desktop. Your idea sounds like it could work nicely, specially for tags. I will pass it along to our developers, though I can't tell when or if this will be implemented.

If there's anything else that we can do for you, we're always here for you :chuffed:

• Black_Knight
    Black_Knight
    Community Member
    Options

Great idea!

Suggest adding the following options to the Smart Folder "Find":

• Tags: None selected
    • Folders: None selected
  • Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Black_Knight

Thank you for your input! Stay around to see the new things that we add to 1Password :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.