Moving items from primary vault to family vaults - icons get lost ?

Options
pplanch
pplanch
Community Member

When moving items from primary vault to family vaults, the individual icons I have saved to each item (such as credit card company logo) are lost in the OS X app. Even re-pasting them gets ignored. All items in a category now have the same icon. Strangely enough, on the web-based 1Password and on the iOS apps, the icons are retained ... bug in the OS X app ? or am I doing something wrong ?

Is there a way to assign preview icons to the documents that are separated when moving an item from the primary vault to a family vault ?

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Moving items from primary vault to family team vaults - icons get lost

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pplanch,

Since the problem is happening with items you've copied to your Families account vaults, I've moved your message to our 'Families' forum. I hope you don't mind!

Do you happen to be using the Mac App Store version of 1Password? If so, that's actually a known issue, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Our developers are aware of this, and the good news is that I believe they've fixed it in a recent beta. So, barring any unforeseen circumstances, the fix should hopefully be included in the next update (although I don't have a timeframe for when that will be available).

Is there a way to assign preview icons to the documents that are separated when moving an item from the primary vault to a family vault ?

That won't happen automatically, but if you're able to generate your own preview icon, you should be able to add that to the Document item as described here: Add a custom icon

However, keep in mind that might not work right now due to the known issue I mentioned. I'm sorry again about that!

If you have more questions or need anything else, please let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

ref: OPM-4313

This discussion has been closed.