Opera extension disables itself!

jhk
jhk
Community Member

Using 1P v6.5 beta-16. Mac OS X 10.11.6 on a 5K iMac. Opera 39. Extension 4.5.9.90.
From time to time (and I haven't really noticed a pattern) the extension has to be re-enabled in Opera. I open Opera, and the extension icon is not visible. No problem to re-enable it, but that shouldn't be happening.

1Password Version: 6.5 Beta 16
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jhk,

Sorry to hear the 1Password extension becomes disabled in Opera! That's odd, I'm not sure why that would happen - but I'm sure we can help figure this out one way or another.

The first thing you could try is to delete the 1Password extension from Opera and then reinstall it. I noticed you're using the beta version of the main 1Password app, so when you reinstall the extension in Opera, you should install the beta extension as well. Just follow these steps:

• In Opera, go to View > Show Extensions, then click the 'x' button to remove the 1Password extension
      *After removing the extension, open our extension beta page in Opera: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions?beta=true

• You should see a ladybug icon on the Install button (if not, click the Enable betas link)

• Click the big green Install button and follow any additional steps

Hopefully that takes care of the problem, but if it happens again, please let us know. Thanks! :)

• jhk
    jhk
    Community Member

Done. Will report back if I still have trouble, as you suggested.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.