Personal Vault viewable by family member?

Options
pinky
pinky
Community Member

I created a family vault. My son does not see my personal vault and vice versa. My daughter can see my personal vault and I can see hers. Please help solve

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Devokan
    Devokan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

As far as I know, personal vault can only be seen by you and it is'nt possible to permit access to it to other family members. Share vault is viewable for all family member. Any other vault can be customize to be accessible by any family member you authorize to.

• Hi @pinky,

Is your daughter logging into 1Password with your account, instead of her own? Or are you using hers?

As Devokan mentioned it isn't possible to share personal vaults, so either one of you is logged into the other's accounts, or the vault(s) you are each seeing are actually shared vaults, and not the true Personal vault.

Ben

• pinky
    pinky
    Community Member
    Options

No she had her own account and merged to the family account. So we are not signed in with the same username. My personal account doesn't show on my sons sign it so it defini

• pinky
    pinky
    Community Member
    Options

One other question - If I add something to my daughters vault - my son is able to see her vault - I thought vaults were only viewable by the members assigned to it. The shared vault I understand is viewable by all family members.

• @pinky,

I did some digging here.

It looks like you have 4 user created vaults, most of which are shared with more than one individual. Are you certain that isn't where the items you're seeing are being saved? Your actual "Personal" vault has 0 items in it right now. The same is true for most of the other Personal vaults within the family.

Ben

• pinky
    pinky
    Community Member
    Options

You are correct - I have 4 user created vaults. Each vault is shared with that user. The other users can see items in each others vaults. My son's personal vault is not viewable by any of us which is how it should be. I removed items from my personal vault as it was being viewed by my daughter and vice versa

• @pinky,

I'd like to see a diagnostic report from each your and your daughter's device (a Mac from each would be preferred):

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• pinky
    pinky
    Community Member
    Options

EZH-32532-456

RMB-58118-585

• Thanks @pinky. We've received both reports. We'll review them and continue the conversation by email.

Ben

• Hi @glenda

We can't talk about the specifics of someone else's account, but I can say that it appears to be a configuration issue from what I've seen so far, vs a security issue. I will make a note on the ticket though that further follow up would be appreciated here in this thread.

Ben

• @pinky,

Just checking in to see if you've received the emails from Laura and I? Mine was sent Mon, 05 Sep 2016, and Laura's was sent Mon, 12 Sep 2016. But it seems perhaps you may not have received them? If that is true can you please check your spam filter and make sure emails from support@agilebits.com are allowed through?

Ben

• tastyroadkill
    tastyroadkill
    Community Member
    Options

"It looks like you have 4 user created vaults, most of which are shared with more than one individual."

@Ben You're able to see how many items a user has in his/her vault, as well as the number of people the item is shared with? Can you tell us what specifically you see?
    Thanks!

• @tastyroadkill Just the numbers. :glasses: Data in 1Password accounts is encrypted with the Account Key and Master Password, so we don't remotely have access to that. We have helpful "anonymous" metadata though. Each item has a unique identifier that we can use for troubleshooting, and we can see if there are active items in the account or if they have been trashed, which is very helpful for finding out if someone has moved to a new account.

This discussion has been closed.