Will there be a mobile site for Agilebits' discussion forum?

invenio
invenio
Community Member

When viewing and interacting with this discussions forum on an iPhone I don't see a mobile site that is adjusted to the constraints of a mobile site. I'd believe that a lot of issues, requests and discussions in general would occur while users are out and about. Sure, there's pinch & zoom, but that's obviously not the same as a mobile site.

Is there a chance to have this forum (and potentially the whole Agilebits site) being turned into a responsive design?

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Mobile site for agilebits discussion forum

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @invenio

Thank you very much for taking some time to contact us, and for telling us what you'd like to see on our forum site! Right now we're not planning on having a mobile version of the forums, but it's a pretty good idea overall! While I can't tell whether if or when this would happen, we'll keep it in mind and consider the option for the future. Thank you for your feedback, stay around to see not only what new things happen to 1Password but to everything 1Password related! :chuffed:

• Hi @invenio,

Sorry for any confusion; we do actually have a mobile theme for these discussion forums. I can see it on my iPhone 6. Could you please let me know which device and web browser you are using where you are not seeing the mobile layout?

Thanks!

Ben

• invenio
    invenio
    Community Member

Hi @Ben (and thanks @Pilar)
    I have the iPhone 6 Plus and do see the mobile site of the forums on Safari, but not on 1Browser. When I launch discussions.agilebits.com in 1Browser I get a magnified view of the page.

I can zoom out to get the full view, but it's not the same as on Safari.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@invenio: I wonder if you've changed your user agent in 1Password Settings > 1Browser and forgotten. Granted, I don't have an Plus model, so it may be that the default is for desktop sites, similar to iPad (after all, not everyone prefers mobile versions!) That will let you choose from a few different options. Let me know if one of those works better for you! :)

• invenio
    invenio
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty. I actually didn't have any user agent set (at least, there wasn't a tick in front of any of the agents), so I assume it was set to "1Browser". Setting it to "Safari (iPhone)", closing the browser window and reloading the page made that page "mobile". Case solved:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Very strange! A while back we made some changes to 1Password's settings which caused some options to be a bit...confused. But user agent settings weren't involved at all, so that's a bit baffling. Thanks for confirming that helped, and mentioning that oddity. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.