Unable to use Touch ID

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Touch ID not working on IOS.

Comments

• dreh0615
    dreh0615
    Community Member
    Options

I have a friend with a 6plus and Touch ID is enabled but doesn't work (no fingerprint icon, not prompted. Only way to delete and reinstall?

• Hi @dreh0615

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I've split your message off into its own thread so we can give it the attention it deserves. I'd like to see a diagnostic report from the device that is having the difficulty, so that we can hopefully get to the bottom of the issue.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from the iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68888/unable-to-use-touch-id ) in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

P.S. Please don't forget to include the link when sending the report! :)

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member
    Options

Exact same problem as stated by dreh0615 above. Another issues I noticed is the safari extension doesn't work anymore, it just waits and waits. There is no prompt for password or touchid

Diagnostic logs sent

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@devibimal: I'm not seeing anything from this address. Did you perhaps send it from another? If you'll post the Support ID you received here, we can track it down and take a look. Thanks in advance! :)

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty -
    Support ID - [#IYX-59111-774]

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @devibimal

We have received and located your Diagnostics Report, someone will be in touch with you over email soon. We'll continue the conversation over there :chuffed:

ref: #IYX-59111-774

• dreh0615
    dreh0615
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

I finally got with my client/friend and the support ID is #XXM-43344-169. The diagnostics report was sent from her phone and email [removed by moderator]. Please let me know what your findings are re: Cannot use touch ID.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dreh0615: Thanks! I see that we've received the email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and reply shortly! :)

ref: XXM-43344-169

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dreh0615: I've replied via email, but I wanted to respond here too in case it helps you or anyone else who sees this discussion. The diagnostics indicate that iOS is returning an error and killing the Touch ID prompt. Why this is happening is beyond me since this is all the information iOS gives us. So there isn't much 1Password can do when iOS just sort of says, "Hmm, never mind" when we ask for Touch ID so nicely. ;)

It seems like there may be a Touch ID glitch causing this. You may be able to simply restart the device or re-set Touch ID (turn it off and then back on) to get it working, but there are a few other tips that you can try to get it working. Just follow these steps:

1. Go to 1Password Settings > Security and disable Touch ID
    2. Go to iOS Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
    3. Enter the device passcode
    4. Disable the "Use Touch ID for" settings
    5. Hold the Sleep/Wake button and "slide to power off"
    6. Hold the Sleep/Wake button to power the device back on
    7. Unlock it with the device passcode
    8. Go to iOS Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
    9. Enter your device passcode
    10. Enable the "Use Touch ID for" settings
    11. Go to 1Password Settings > Security and enable Touch ID

Of course it's possible that 1Password is also damaged and needs to be reinstalled, but that more be more difficult if the data is not safely stored elsewhere. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.