Is pricing for Family an ongoing charge after the first year or not.

Options
kshammel
kshammel
Community Member

I cannot get a definitive answer. Is it $60 per year (for the monthly) for each year you are using it or is it $60, one time and then you can use it and it's full features, adding new, etc?

I read a 1 year charge, but it states that nowhere else on your site with the cost that I can see.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @kshammel! Sorry for the confusion. I'm curious: Were you looking at our pricing page? It shows two prices: $2.99 per month for an individual and $4.99 per month for a family. Those are both paid annually, so it's $59.88 for a 1Password Families subscription each year. The one-time purchase of 1Password is a license, and it doesn't include the benefits 1Password Families does. Learn more about the difference between a 1Password subscription and a standalone license. Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• kshammel
    kshammel
    Community Member
    Options

So I am looking for the family which is $4.99 per month. Just to be clear, that is $4.99 per month for 12 months and then no other charges?

• kshammel
    kshammel
    Community Member
    Options

I did not read it closely, but I see that is an annual fee. I like a lot of your features, but I have to weight is $60 per year as opposed to $12 per year for your competitor.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kshammel: Indeed. Sorry for the confusion there! Yes, it is a subscription (recurring) which is paid either monthly or annually (with a discount for the annual option). And I'm not sure we have any competitors who offer a 5 user "family" plan for 12$ a year. I'm not sure that could be sustainable, unless there's a separate fee for "help desk". With 1Password, everything is included. ;)

• luv314159
    luv314159
    Community Member
    Options

LastPass premium is $12/year I believe, but that's individual, so a family of five would be $60/year for that service. I suppose you could have the family share a single account (if they allow that?) for just $12, but then it's comparing apples and oranges, given that 1Password for Families gives each user their own vault.

• :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.