1Password 3 to 6

I have an older iMac running Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) and 1Password 3. Due to the machine's age it cannot be upgraded. I'm purchasing a new iMac running El Capitan (OS X 10.11) and plan to upgrade to 1Password 6. I want to use the standalone version. Once 1Password 6 is purchased and installed on my new iMac, what files to I need to transfer to avoid having to manually reenter all my password data?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: OS X 10.6.8
Sync Type: none

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@karl_hutchinson: It sounds like you're planning on your new Mac replacing the old one, so be sure to let me know if that's not the case. But if so, you just need to copy your vault to the new Mac. Open 1Password 3 and go to Preferences > General to see the path, and then copy the full .agilekeychain over and open it (existing user > this Mac) with 1Password 6 and you'll be all set. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• karl_hutchinson
    karl_hutchinson
    Community Member

brenty: I completed the computer replacement and upgrade. 1Password 6 automatically detected the .agilekeychain during 1Password 6 installation and everything is up and running fine. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Fantastic! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all went smoothly. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.