HELP!!! 1Password has become unusable on my Mac. It keeps quitting and acting very flaky.

Options

I'm trying to add/edit new credit cards to my Wallet. When I click to edit it very often quits 1Password. It it doesn't quit, when I click on a text box it goes blank making it difficult if not impossible to edit. After getting out of edit mode some of the text is overwritten and unreadable.
Thank you.

1Password Version: 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:quitting

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brentcox,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with 1Password 3 on your Mac! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "1Password 3 for Mac" forum.

1Password 3 for Mac is a much older version which hasn't been in development for several years now, and unfortunately it isn't fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). The problems you described are fairly common when trying to use 1Password 3 on El Capitan. We have more information about that here: 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

The second message in that thread goes into more detail about the "invisible field" issue you mentioned, and that also explains how to upgrade to 1Password 6 (which is fully compatible with El Capitan).

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions about that. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.