To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How can i import a 1password5 backup file into 1password6 vault?

parkerpress
parkerpress
Community Member

I have a windows PC with a series of backups on it, and need to copy that entire backup into a new vault in 1password6. I don't see a "restore from backup" functionality anywhere in 1password 6, or in the web application.

How can I import all those records into my 1password 6 environment?

1Password Version: 1Password 6.0.214d
Extension Version: na
OS Version: Win 7 or Mac OSX 10.11
Sync Type: my.1password,com account
Referrer: forum-search:how can i import a 1password5 "backup file" into a 1password6 vault?

Comments

• Hi @parkerpress! Good question. You're looking to restore the backup from your Windows computer, right? First off, I'm curious what those backups are saved as? If they end with opvault or agilekeychain then you can import them to 1Password 6 for Windows. Otherwise there may be some special things we need to do, so let me know what you've got and we'll go from there. :)

• parkerpress
    parkerpress
    Community Member

The files are the ".zip" files that 1Password created automatically. For some reason, when I upgraded to 1Password6 it wiped out my .agilekeychain folder (it's there, but there are no records there any more). I have recent .zip backup files from the Backup directory that 1Password maintained. That's what I'm trying to import.

• @parkerpress Thanks for the update! To get a better idea of what happened to the vault in the first place, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac and PC?

Send a diagnostics report from your Mac
    Send a diagnostics report from your PC

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• parkerpress
    parkerpress
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

Never mind. I uninstalled 1Password6 on the windows machine, reinstalled 1Password4, restored the backup from the zip file, exported the contents, uninstalled 4, reinstalled 6, then ran an import in 6 to a new vault. I'm good to go now. Thanks for the followups...

You can close this thread/discussion.

• All righty. :+1: Glad you got it sorted out!

This discussion has been closed.