How to change website login password

Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Syncing new account not primary account that is part of iOS app.

Comments

• stevensudbrink
    stevensudbrink
    Community Member

What is the best way to save the changes to a password on a site to a login. Often to change a site password its required to enter the old password and below you have to enter the new password twice to confirm. When 1password asks if i want to save the new password to the site I would select yes, but often when i go back to check only the old password was saved to the login. To correct things i would then have to go to the saved passwords list, and copy and past the new password to the login for the site. Is there anyway to make this an easier process? it is not as seamless as it should be to change old passwords.

thanks,
    steve s.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stevensudbrink,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! Since this question is unrelated to your previous discussion, I've moved it to a new thread.

Now, you posted your question on our iOS forum, but it sounds like you might be asking about the Mac version of 1Password because the iOS version doesn't ask to update a Login item when you change passwords on websites. It's much easier to update a Login password on a Mac, and we show you how to do that here: Change your passwords and make them stronger (Mac)

On the other hand, if you'd like to know how to update a Login password on an iOS device, you can find the steps here: Changing a saved password (iOS)

Does that help? If you have more questions about that or if I misunderstood, just let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.