Upgrading mobile to premium

Hi, I downloaded the mobile app and then downloaded the app for my mac book. I paid the $99 for the app on Mac book. I then tried to pay for the premium version on mobile and am unable to. Does the full app for Mac book allow me to use the full mobile app? If not, how do I upgrade the full mobile app?
Thanks
Barton

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@bartonjennings: Sorry for the confusion! Since it isn't possible to bundle apps between stores, we offer the mobile version as a free download, with an in-app purchase (in 1Password Settings) if you want to unlock the Pro Features. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Thanks Brenty,
    When I do that I get an error message that says Purchase Failed. 1Password wasn't able to complete your purchase. Please check your settings, make you're connected to the internet and try again.
    I have done this and I am connected to the internet and the app store is working for other apps. However, I cannot seem to upgrade to the premium mobile app.
    Maybe I don;t need the premium app if I have the premium on my computer?

thanks again
    Barton

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi Barton,

Is this happening on an iOS device? If so have you tried making other purchases from the App Store / iTunes Store on the device after getting this message? Is it possible the credit card you have on the account is expired or there is some other difficulty with payment?

If you don't need the Pro features outlined in the document Brenty linked to then you may not need to make this purchase, but if you'd like them then you would. Purchases for computers do not apply to mobile devices (or vice versa) unless purchasing a 1Password.com subscription.

Please let us know.

Ben

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@bartonjennings: I'll add something else from my own experience: the App Store won't validate the purchase if you're logged into a different Apple ID than the one used to "purchase" the app itself. This typically happens if you change Apple IDs, or use Family Sharing and download the app purchased by someone else rather than your own personal Apple ID. Very confusing. SO I'd try reinstalling the app, taking care to do so using your own Apple ID. And of course if you're still having trouble with the App Store not allowing the purchase, Apple will be able to help with that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.