Not seeing the 1Password icon [discussion continued through email]

Options
RMT
RMT
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Families

The 1password icon does not show up in the dock of the. MacBook air of a new family member I added. Plus, the small circle with the irregular vertical line in it is not in the menu bar.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm unable to get 1password icon into the dock or the small logo into the menu bar. Help please.

Comments

• Hi @RMT,

Has the family member in question downloaded the 1Password for Mac application to their MacBook Air? If not, that would need to be done. If they log into their account on the 1Password.com website in the upper right hand corner they should see your family name. Clicking on that will drop down a menu, and one of the items there will be "Get the Apps."

That should help. Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• RMT
    RMT
    Community Member
    Options

After I get member added and attempt to get apps it loads and opens to an old trial 1password I tried a year ago and says trial expired.
    I believe i' deleted all old 1password from her computer

• @RMT Thanks for the update. You did the right stuff so far, there's just one more step: Sign in to the account in 1Password for Mac. That will get things squared away and the trial notice will disappear as well. :) If there's existing data on that computer, you can migrate it as well:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Let us know if you have any questions.

• RMT
    RMT
    Community Member
    Options

Jacob
    Thanks for your help but when I attempt to get the app and download it and move it to apps I cannot open it using the emergency kit for that account. This occurred even after deleting her old acct and opening a new one.
    RMT

• @RMT Thanks for the update. I see you've created quite a lot of accounts. Could you please email us at support@1password.com so we can help get this sorted out? Post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive after you email us. That will give us a chance to get back to you quickly. Thanks! :)

• Aha! I see you already emailed us. I'll get back to you soon!

ref: HDP-88789-197

• RMT
    RMT
    Community Member
    Options

Anything new on this.. Would clearing the cache on these accounts help solve the problem?
    Thanks,
    RMT

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Howdy, @RMT!

Did you receive the email that Jacob sent you a couple days ago, shortly after his last reply here? You might want to check your spam folder in case it landed there. I'm also resending you a copy that hopefully arrives if you can't find the original. Stop back here again to let us know if you don't spot either of those messages. Thanks!

• RMT
    RMT
    Community Member
    Options

Hi SJK
    The last email I received from Jacob was Sept 19 acknowledging his receipt of my email which included a co I have had no answer other than your email of 9/20/16. I'm anxious to hear of any progress being made.
    RMT

• Jacob
    edited September 2016
    Options

@RMT Sorry about that. I emailed you a lot of details about your accounts and what we can do to sort out the issues you've been having. I think I see what happened: I replied to the Diagnostics Report you sent in from your wife's email address, so you wouldn't have seen that in your email. I'll send the same thing again to your email this time. Talk to you soon! :)

This discussion has been closed.