New iPhone- Dropbox problem

Options
MAKNJ
MAKNJ
Community Member

I restored to a new iPhone 6s, and I am signed on to 1password, but I am getting a pop up saying my Dropbox sync is no longer authorized. It is fine on the Mac, but on the phone, my email and password don't work Any ideas?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MAKNJ: Since this is a new device, you'll need to authorize it with your Dropbox account. Just setup sync in 1Password and login to Dropbox when prompted, and you'll be all set. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• fischums
    fischums
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! I also am having Dropbox syncing issues with my new iPhone. I upgraded from iPhone 6s to 7 Plus a couple months ago, and then switched to a basic 7 because I didn't like the plus size. My Dropbox and 1P has been having syncing issues ever since I switched from the 6s. The error I get says:

Dropbox Authorization Failed
    It appears 1Password is no longer authorized to connect to your Dropbox account. Tap 'Authorize' to reconnect to Dropbox.

So I tap on "Reconnect," it takes me to Dropbox where I click 'Allow' so that 1P can access my Dropbox files, then it takes me back to 1P like everything is all good now. The problem is that every single time I open the 1P app, it does the same thing again, and I can't figure out why. It only does this on my iPhone...my Mac apps are working fine.

I thought others might be having issues with this, too, but I haven't found any other threads where people say the issue is perpetually reoccurring even after they authorize 1P with Dropbox.

Any ideas? Thanks! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fischums: It sounds like Dropbox wants to connect to your previous device, which is authorized, but it's seeing a new one instead. While I haven't heard of this happening before, I have seen authentication issues with the Dropbox app itself. 1Password will hand off to it when present (which you seem to be describing), but sometimes Dropbox fails to complete the process fully for some reason -- perhaps due to damage. Please try removing the Dropbox app, and then disable sync in 1Password and set it up again. This will allow 1Password to perform the authentication itself, which often works better.

If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know if you have all of your 1Password data on your Mac. It may be simplest to reinstall 1Password for iOS and start with a clean slate there before syncing. Let me know what you find!

• fischums
    fischums
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty ! After reading your post, the first thing I did was go into my Dropbox settings and delete my old phones that were still on the list of authorized devices, just because I was curious if that would do anything. It didn't help. So then I made sure all my 1P data was also on my Mac and then I reinstalled 1P on my phone. That seems to have fixed whatever it was confused about. Thanks again for your help!

• Great to hear @fischums! If there's anything else we can do to help please don't hesitate to ask.

This discussion has been closed.