Copy password shortcut doesn't work

Options
amaridev
amaridev
Community Member

I need a shortcut to copy the password from the selected login while navigating in 1password mini app.
The support pages mention cmd+option+c which doesn't work for me. I also found another page wich says shift-command-c which also does not work.

https://support.1password.com/copy-passwords/
https://blog.agilebits.com/2013/04/29/1password-keyboard-shortcuts-mac-pc-power-users/

So what is the correct shortcut that actually works? I use a german keyboard by the way. But this shouldn't matter, since all the keys needed are identical to us layout.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amaridev

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password and the shortcuts. I did some testing with 3 different keyboard layouts and Shift-Command-C did work as expected. I wonder if there's some subtle thing, like you're not selecting the item when you click it. Could you please make sure the item whose password you're trying to copy is blue, as the "Audible" one on the screenshot on your first link? Do you see it flicker when you click Shift-Command-C?

I hope to hear back from you with what you discover so we can get to the bottom of this :chuffed:

• amaridev
    amaridev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for testing this out. Did you checked with the same 1password version? My OS X Version is 10.11.6 (15G1004)
    The Login is definitely selected. I also tried to open the details with the right arrow key (-->) and use the shortcut then. But all what it does is a piep sound from the speakers. Not flickering neither.

I also tried with different applications open in the background. Sublime for example uses shift-command-c to copy the complete line. So what is happing when I open 1password with sublime in background, the shortcut get's executed for sublime, not 1password. On Safari or other applications nothing happens.

I really need this shortcut to work with my native apps where I can't use the autofill function :-/

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amaridev,

Hmm, that's definitely strange. It works correctly for me on OS X 10.11.6 and 1Password 6 when I highlight a Login item in 1Password mini and use the ⌘⇧C ( Command+Shift+C ) keyboard shortcut. I'm not sure why it isn't working for you, but we'll figure it out one way or another!

By any chance are you using a third party clipboard manager on your Mac? I don't know for sure if that would cause this keyboard shortcut to not work, but if you're using a third party clipboard manager, you can try disabling it to see if the shortcut works in 1Password mini.

Also, let's double-check to make sure you can copy passwords from 1Password mini by clicking on them. Just open mini, view the details of a Login item, and click on the password. Are you able to paste that into the app you're trying to sign into? If for some reason copying passwords isn't working in general, that probably explains why the keyboard shortcut won't work.

Thanks in advance! :)

• amaridev
    amaridev
    Community Member
    Options

Ohh, thank you so much. You were right about the clipboard manager. I just changed the shortcut and 1password seems to be happy now. Works as it is supposed to be :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amaridev

I'm glad that Drew was able to solve the mystery of the missing functionality ;) It sounds like you got it all figured out, but if you happen to bump into any other trouble or have any other questions, you know where to find us :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.