The notes field in logins does not display all the lines (in view or edit mode) when the lines wrap.

Options
fharvell
fharvell
Community Member

In the 1Password application, when viewing a login, the notes field does not display (or scroll) multiple text lines when (some) of the lines wrap. I.e., I believe the the display code logic needs to take the wrapping into account.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:notes

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fharvell,

I'm sorry you're having difficulty scrolling the notes field of a Login item!

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you described on my Mac, although I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean. Can you please give us some more details about the notes field and how you reproduce this? Are you able to get the same thing to happen in a brand new Login item? If so, it will help if you can explain the exact steps you take to do that.

Also, do you know if this only affects Login items, or can it also happen with the notes fields of other item types?

Thanks in advance! :)

• fharvell
    fharvell
    Community Member
    Options

Bottom line is that the note information in a login item is not displayed when there are text-wrapped lines in the notes section. As shown in the attached screenshots: Top left: screen as displayed, cannot scroll. Top right, as shown after clicking edit does not scroll, but does allow you to edit and use arrow keys to get to "hidden" lines. Bottom left, results after shrinking the window just a little bit; all lines in the notes displayed.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the screenshots, @fharvell! That's very helpful, and I see exactly what you mean now. I also noticed you said you're running a build of macOS Sierra, and it turns out this is a known issue that only happens on Sierra (which is why I wasn't able to reproduce it on El Capitan). I apologize for the inconvenience!

The good news is that our developers were already aware of this and believe they have a fix. I don't have a timeframe for when that fix will make it into an update for the app, but in the meantime, the workaround is to resize the window (it sounds like you may have already discovered that).

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue! Hopefully the workaround will be helpful while waiting for an update with the fix. If you have more questions or need anything else, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

ref: OPM-4297

This discussion has been closed.