To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Key backup

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hello, if I understand this system correct I have somewhere on my hdd a copy of all data which are also on your server. So I can open the Mac app also when I have no internet connection at the moment. Correct?
So my question is if this is also an opvault format maybe? So I like to do a backup of this key. So in case of emergency I could install 1Password on another computer and start it with a local backup also?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    edited September 2016

Hi @Philipp! Good question. 1Password accounts do include offline access. There's a cached copy of data stored on your computer in case you lose internet access or you'd just like to use 1Password offline. It's not an OPVault format, though. It's the 1Password account vault format. You could back it up somewhere, it's just not possible to restore it reliably because that's not what it's meant for. It's a local cache of your data, not a local vault. I would recommend simply signing in to your account on that other computer since that will automatically sync your data. What kind of emergency are you preparing for? I'd be happy to help outline the specifics. :)

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @Jacob Thanks for your reply. I like to understand how this is working. Maybe when internet or your service or what ever is precipitates. If I understand it correct I can open my local copy and - if necessary - it is possible to create a local opvault again and copy it to this. Correct?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Philipp: Great question! You can enable local vaults in Preferences > Advanced. You'll then have a Primary vault which you can copy data to. And if you want to save an OPVault, just enable Folder Sync in Preferences > Sync. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.