To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Setting up account in iOS app

Options
karen110
karen110
Community Member

Hi, I purchased a standalone license for 1Password for Mac many years ago, and the app for Mac OS is working fine, but now am trying to update the app for iOS. I don't understand the account information it's asking for, specifically the sign in address. I do have my license key from my original purchase, but when I enter it in the app, it says it's invalid.
Thanks,
Karen

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Help setting up app for iOS

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

HI @karen110

I'm ver sorry about the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it works. If you've been using 1Password for many years then you do not have an Account. Accounts are pretty new and a quite different from licenses. That's why the information asked doesn't make sense to you. To set up your iOS device the way you've always used it, you only need to pick the option "Use without an Account" when you first open 1Password and then you'll be able to set up a syncing method.

Please let us know how this goes for you :chuffed:

• karen110
    karen110
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Pilar , thanks so much for clarifying that! Everything's working fine now,
    Best,
    Karen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Pilar, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.