website presents a secondary window to enter userid and password, but 1password doesn't fill them in

Options

this is on a credit card login, I presume they do this to enhance security

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:website presents a secondary window to enter userid and password, but 1password doesn't fill them in

Comments

• Charles_Radcliffe
    Charles_Radcliffe
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

this is on a credit card login, I presume they do this to enhance security
    I used settings; save new login after I inputed the userid and password. But I get the same result when I retry

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:website presents a secondary window to enter userid and password, but 1password doesn't fill them in

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @Charles_Radcliffe,

If it's the standard login page for this financial institute would you be comfortable providing a link here in our public forums? We'd certainly be happy to take a look and see what can be done but in general it requires seeing the page firsthand to understand what is happening and what we may do that can help.

What may also be a factor is what platform i.e. OS X, iOS, Windows or Android and what version of 1Password you have.

If you don't feel comfortable supplying this information in our forums would you feel easier if we continued the conversation over email?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Charles_Radcliffe: There are a few things that are going on here, so if you can let me know the URL where you're encountering this issue I'll be able to test it and offer a more accurate assessment. But typically in situations like this it's one of two things:

1. 1Password will only try to fill at the site it opens. If you (or the page) loads another page, 1Password will not take action unless you tell it to. In this case you may be able to simply press ⌘ \ to have 1Password fit there.
    2. However, the popup may be for a completely different domain, in which case 1Password will not even offer to fill the login if the URL does not match. But it can be difficult to determine the current URL in a popup sometimes....

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.